Stomach Toning

Options
just a quick question:

i'm really happy with how i look, (not in a big headed way) but i am!
i like my looks, legs, arms, back, everything is fine. but the one thing i am struggling with is getting my stomach flat!
this is the only thing left on me i want to change, just want a flat stomach & toned up a little.

Right now, i go to the gym, do weights, treadmill, cross trainer, lots of cardio. to try shed the weight!
i can see i'm slowly getting there, but wanting to know; does anyone have any quick tips??

any help is much appreciated! - feel free to add to :)!
take care. x

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Most men need to reach 10% BF to see abs, some may see them at 12% if they have a lot of muscle mass.

Best thing to do is to reduce bodyfat % and increase muscle mass. So, you may need to lose more weight and then build up some more muscle mass.
  • adamtwd88
    adamtwd88 Posts: 49
    Options
    Most men need to reach 10% BF to see abs, some may see them at 12% if they have a lot of muscle mass.

Best thing to do is to reduce bodyfat % and increase muscle mass. So, you may need to lose more weight and then build up some more muscle mass.

awesome man! cheers for that :)
    i mean im not so bothered about having full on 6pax abs etc. lol
    just wanna flat stomach. then it can take as long as it wants to fully tone up :) haha
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I hear ya, but the same stuff applies. Just lose more weight. Sometimes adding more muscle helps if you are already fairly lean but for most of us you just need to burn more fat. All the exercises in the world cannot make your abs look better through fat.
  • adamtwd88
    adamtwd88 Posts: 49
    Options
    Yeah, I hear ya, but the same stuff applies. Just lose more weight. Sometimes adding more muscle helps if you are already fairly lean but for most of us you just need to burn more fat. All the exercises in the world cannot make your abs look better through fat.

yeah! thanks for the advise, much appreciated :)
    ill do what i can! i mean i can already see a difference, its not like i even have much of a stomach
    but still a little bit of a belly there, i just want rid of! ha so hopefully come october time! for my holiday :D