Starting my journey....

Options
Hi, I am new here and just started my MFP journey today (tracking). I am a 36 year old married mother of 1 and I want to do this right this time... I have been overweight my whole life and am ready to get healthy. I want to be able to do things with my daughter that I should be able to do without getting winded. But most of all I want to do this for myself. I am looking to lose about 80 lbs, I know I will never be skinny but I want to be healthy. Currently I am at about 250 and want to get to 160-170 range... I am Looking for some support and encouragement... thanks to you all.. your stories of inspiration have helped immensely.

Replies

• ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. Good luck on your journey...you will find a lot of people in the same boat as you!
  • fine4now
    fine4now Posts: 84
    Options
    Welcome. Great place to start. I just started 2 weeks ago so I am no pro. But I really like this site. It makes keeping up with everything so much easier. Feel free to add me to your friends list. Look forward to taking this journey with all the friends I meet.
  • Rhea81
    Rhea81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You got it!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! This site is AWESOME!! I LOVE that I can update from either my phone AND/OR the internet. It is sooo easy to use. And there are soo many resources at your fingertips!

Just remember: "Anything worth having never comes without effort"
  • doodleheaddee
    Options
    Thank you all... the encouragement on this site just might help me through this...