About to give up

Options
2»

Replies

• ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Your diet is a healthy diet (I hope) and you're out walking enjoying (from time to time) sunny days.

You've lost 11 pounds in 30 days.

And you want to quit because…?

Could you have lost weight faster when you were in your 20's or 30's? Perhaps.

And that makes no difference. And it just doesn't matter what you think you could have done 30 years ago, does it?

What matters is that in 30 days you've lost 11 pounds, right?

In your profile, you state:
    "I need all the support I can get, I have a long long ways to go. I have been struggling with weight issues for years and I am trying to once again get motivated. I deal with a lot of anxiety which makes it harder but I am not going to let that get in the way anymore."

Is that statement of yours a demonstration of your determination or are you setting yourself up so that you can fail again. That's called "self-sabotage" and it's not uncommon in chronically overweight people.

Are you afraid of losing weight?

You should be thrilled that you've dropped 11 pounds in 30 days 'cause all you've had to do is go for a walk every day and not eat as much.

Think of it this way. If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll have lost over 50 pounds my Christmas. Is that something you want or are you afraid of change like that?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    I lost 52 pounds at age 53 - it took me eight months.

Or you could give up, blame your age, never get any younger, and just keep gaining weight. :ohwell:
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612
    Options
    You might want to look at how you are eating...I have done some reading about post menopause and it seems like low carb is going to work better. Have you tried that?
  • gettinghealthy777
    Options
    My weight loss, at 11 pounds is not accurate. I get weighed at my chiropractor, The girl messed up when she first weighed me. It's more like a 5 pound loss. God bless you all for your support, You all have really made me think and look at this differently.. I am not going to give up...thank you, thank you thank you ALL!!!
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    It takes a tough person to stick with a goal and not even consider giving up! How bad do you want to succeed??
    Give up?? But why?? Where else would you go in life that's more important, will save your life, give you such motivating and inspiring people to be around!?
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    hang in there.. it's not going to come off if you stop.. you obviously want this if you're here!! so, keep working on tweeking your workouts as well as your food intake and it will come.. I PROMISE!!
  • Sharon1829
    Sharon1829 Posts: 12
    Options
    Dont give up. Try going by measurements instead if weight. Even though you might be losing fat you ara gaining muscle and muscle weighs more. I have not been losing alot of weight, however I am shedding fat, gaining muscle and losing inches.