lose 10-15lbs by Labor day! 6 weeks Challenge!!

Options
Hello EVERYONE and happy Monday!!!

I wanted to start a 6 weeks challenge. Starting today and ending on Labor day. Who wants to lose a few pounds for that last day of the year that pools will be open? I know I sure heck do!

So here is the plan. If you'd like to committ to this 6 week challenge,
1st become my friend so we can communicate and motivate eachother.
2nd Provide a short introduction of your self. What was your Starting weight and what is your goal? How long has it taken you to lose that much? Do you feel better about your self now with that weight off?
3rd post how much you want to lose in this 6 week challenge.
4th make sure to update your current weight.

I will post a message reminding everyone to enter the thread and post their current weight every monday and by Tuesday afternoon I will make a post with everyone's results.

So let me start by introducing myself.

My name is Emely and I am a mother of two. My max weight was 155lb, my current weight is 130lb. I want to reach and maintain at 115lb. It has taken me an entire year to lose 25lbs, so I am guessing it will properly take me another year for the additional 15lbs. Since the weight lost, I've feel 100x better and confident about my self. I'm now wearing a two piece swin suit, which I haven't done in years. It's a challenge I've faced and I'm glad I did. It gives me a different point of view of how I eat and how I take care of myself and future.

Luck to us all!!

Replies

• SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hello EVERYONE and happy Monday!!!

I wanted to start a 6 weeks challenge. Starting today and ending on Labor day. Who wants to lose a few pounds for that last day of the year that pools will be open? I know I sure heck do!

So here is the plan. If you'd like to committ to this 6 week challenge,
    1st become my friend so we can communicate and motivate eachother.
    2nd Provide a short introduction of your self. What was your Starting weight and what is your goal? How long has it taken you to lose that much? Do you feel better about your self now with that weight off?
    3rd post how much you want to lose in this 6 week challenge.
    4th make sure to update your current weight.

I will post a message reminding everyone to enter the thread and post their current weight every monday and by Tuesday afternoon I will make a post with everyone's results.

So let me start by introducing myself.

My name is Emely and I am a mother of two. My max weight was 155lb, my current weight is 130lb. I want to reach and maintain at 115lb. It has taken me an entire year to lose 25lbs, so I am guessing it will properly take me another year for the additional 15lbs. Since the weight lost, I've feel 100x better and confident about my self. I'm now wearing a two piece swin suit, which I haven't done in years. It's a challenge I've faced and I'm glad I did. It gives me a different point of view of how I eat and how I take care of myself and future.

Luck to us all!!

Same here! I'm down to 129lbs now and want to be at 115...however since its TOM this week not sure if this week will be the best lol. I'm all for losing the weight by Labor day! :)
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    My name is Tammy, I am a mother of 1. My max weight was 202 (pregnant) and then afterwards it was 195ish I think. My daughter is now 6 months old and it has taken me that long to lose 6 lbs. Yea sad I know 1 pound a month. I would like to lose 6 pounds in 6 weeks. That would be nice...more would be better. If I can lose 10 that would be awesome!!!! Losing the 6 pounds I feel ok about it. I'm upset that it took so long but I did have a rough start the first 4 months of my daughter's life (very painful delivery). So I am always looking for motivation. I love mfp and am hoping to be at least 30 pounds lighter by christmas. So here's to the 6 week challenge.... Good luck!
  • EmelyJ
    EmelyJ Posts: 208
    Options
    I say you sure still report your current weight once TOM is gone, start workingout and eight heathly. Even if you don't lose a pound for next weight in, you'll at lease be on the right path.
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My name is Meredith. I am a mother of 2 boys (ages 4 and 1) and one month ago I got married. My max weight while pregnant with my first child was 220 lbs. My current weight is 177 lbs, my goal is 135 lbs. I originally started this journey to prepare for my wedding, but I had to put it on hold because after losing just 9 lbs my gown was too big! So now the wedding is over and my inspiration turns to my honeymoon, which is scheduled for the first week in December. I want more than anything to walk on the beach with my husband wearing a bikini (something I have not worn since I was about 12)
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I"m down 40+ pds. Started in January 2011 and want to lose about 15 pds during the challenge. My highest weight was 260, I"m currently almost 215 pds. This is from a lot of hard work. I've recently went back to the gym, so I'll be wanting to get in there at least 4 times a week! So this challenge is right on time. I'll be celebrating my bday on August 31st but by Labor day it would be cool to have more shaved off my frame (realistically done!) Good luck to everyone.
  • EmelyJ
    Options
    My name is Tammy, I am a mother of 1. My max weight was 202 (pregnant) and then afterwards it was 195ish I think. My daughter is now 6 months old and it has taken me that long to lose 6 lbs. Yea sad I know 1 pound a month. I would like to lose 6 pounds in 6 weeks. That would be nice...more would be better. If I can lose 10 that would be awesome!!!! Losing the 6 pounds I feel ok about it. I'm upset that it took so long but I did have a rough start the first 4 months of my daughter's life (very painful delivery). So I am always looking for motivation. I love mfp and am hoping to be at least 30 pounds lighter by christmas. So here's to the 6 week challenge.... Good luck!

Awesome. Welcome Tammy! I'm sure with healthy eating and a good excerise you will be able to achieve those 6lbs goal. And if we aim high we will work together to reach your 10lbs goal. Good luck and look forward to providing you the motivation needed.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    This is my first challenge- here goes nothing!
    My name is Bev - my starting weight (here) was 195lbs but I my high weight was prob around 212 - CW 190 (yay!) My first goal is around 160 and we'll take it from there
    I'd really (really) like to lose 10 lbs in the next 6 weeks - I'm trying to get healthy & fit for me & my future but a more immediate goal is my vacation in Sedona, AZ in October
    I'm doing Jillian's 30 day shred in September & taking my best body out west!
    I'm in - post weight weekly? in here or private message?
  • annehdavis
    annehdavis Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sure why not. I had a goal to for labor day anyway:) My name is Anne . I am a mother of three youngest is 8 months old. I have a full time job and I work on call hours on top of that. My current weight is 262.4. I want to be 250 by labor day.
  • EmelyJ
    Options
    This is my first challenge- here goes nothing!
    My name is Bev - my starting weight (here) was 195lbs but I my high weight was prob around 212 - CW 190 (yay!) My first goal is around 160 and we'll take it from there
    I'd really (really) like to lose 10 lbs in the next 6 weeks - I'm trying to get healthy & fit for me & my future but a more immediate goal is my vacation in Sedona, AZ in October
    I'm doing Jillian's 30 day shred in September & taking my best body out west!
    I'm in - post weight weekly? in here or private message?

Welcome Bev! We will post in here, I will message everyone to remind you to post your weight and we will share it with the everyone who joined the group.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm Mallory and my highest weight was 220 about 3 years ago. I lost 40 lbs in a summer and then gained a little back kinda stayed at around 195 for a couple years. I started my weight loss journey again this past January and am now down to 173! My goal is 135 lbs. I would really like to lose at least 10 lbs by labor day for a couple of reasons. I moved away with my husband about a year ago so I haven't seen my family in a long time. I'm going home to my cousin's wedding over labor day weekend and I really want to surprise them with a new healthier me!

Good luck to everyone! :wink:
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I'll join in! My anniversary is the week of Labor Day and my husband and I are going on a vacation. Not sure where yet, but we are working on it! I'd love to be down 15 pounds by then.

I started MFP at 291. I did great for a while and lost over 30 pounds. I hung out in the 260's for MONTHS and MONTHS, then finally broke through and got down to 254... a total of 37 pounds lost.

Unfortunately, I got off track and gained about half back. My current weight is 270, so my goal for this challenge is 255 by Labor Day! I want to get out of the 260's again and never go back!
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi Emely! Your post was kind of an unanswered prayer. I was sitting at my desk (miserable in my own skin) thinking I NEED to lose at least 20 pounds. I have done it before and know that I can do it again. But I lack the motivation. So I came searching for some support and low and behold there you were. I had kind of set a short term goal for myself of labor day (going on a mini vacation that weekend and will be around friends)...I would SO love to be down 10 pounds by then. I belong to TOPS and tonight is weigh in so I really don't know what my weight will be tonight but I know what last weeks was, so I will post that because I am sure it will be very close.

Heaviest Weight 154.4
    Current Weight 152.8
    Six Week Goal Weight 142.8
    Final Goal Weight 128

Because I am not a regular on myfitnesspal, can you tell me, is there a way to mark this post so that I know where to come next week to post my results???
    Thanks Kris
  • EmelyJ
    Options
    Hi Emely! Your post was kind of an unanswered prayer. I was sitting at my desk (miserable in my own skin) thinking I NEED to lose at least 20 pounds. I have done it before and know that I can do it again. But I lack the motivation. So I came searching for some support and low and behold there you were. I had kind of set a short term goal for myself of labor day (going on a mini vacation that weekend and will be around friends)...I would SO love to be down 10 pounds by then. I belong to TOPS and tonight is weigh in so I really don't know what my weight will be tonight but I know what last weeks was, so I will post that because I am sure it will be very close.

Heaviest Weight 154.4
    Current Weight 152.8
    Six Week Goal Weight 142.8
    Final Goal Weight 128

Because I am not a regular on myfitnesspal, can you tell me, is there a way to mark this post so that I know where to come next week to post my results???
    Thanks Kris

You can always check on your message boards and click on "my topics" and we will be right there. However, I will send a message out on monday's to remind everyone to post the current weight. I think this will be awesome. I'm hoping to write back to each and everyone of you on the post at lease for a word of encouragment.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hi Emely- thank u for creating this challenge.

I'm Sharon, married with 3 boys.
    My starting weight on Mfp was 164. I lost track and wasn't logging in and gained couple pounds which was 166. My goal is to get to 146. During this 6 wks challenge I want to lose at least 6#. Great if I lose close to 12#. Back in 2007 I joined weight watchers and lost about 26#. I want to fit back into my expensive jeans so I don't have to buy any more jeans. Would also like to wear 2 pc bikini all by itself. I normally wear a surf shorts with my 2 pc because I'm too embarrassed with my cottage cheese....

Good luck to all of us ;-)
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

My name is Tara - I am a 27 year old mother of 2 boys. Last summer I worked my butt off and lost 43 pounds after baby #2 was born by doing P90X and following their diet. But of course after I stopped the program (and started a hormone infused IUD) I put 19 pounds back on. So here we go again!

Just this morning I started up with really watching what I am eating and I am going to be working out again. This support group came at just the right time.

I am 5'11" so my goal right now is 160lbs. I am at about 185 right now.

We can do this!!
  • sexyharleymama
    Options
    Hi Emely,

Wow, how did you read my mind!! I had just decided this weekend that I would loose my last 9 lbs by labor day.

My name is Brigette - I am a 33 yr old wife and mother of two (3 yr old boy and a 17 mo girl). I work full time and go to school full time. I started my journey 4 and a half years ago to lose 60 lbs, but five months in, i got pregnant with my son. Got below my prepregnancy weight (was 14 lbs away from my goal) and got pregnant with my daughter. I have been working all year to loose the last of the 31 lbs I needed to lose to reach the goal I set in 2007. These last 9 lbs will be gone by Labor Day!!

Heaviest Weight 195
    Current Weight 144
    Six Week Goal Weight 135
    Final Goal Weight 135

Let's Rock This Next Six Weeks!!!!!! :o)
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!

Please call me by my username or, some people call me "Legs" because of my profile pic and my weight loss ticker.

I am about to start my second year of Law School, I am happily married, and have no kids. I have been doing diets for a few years off and on... and I keep gaining the weight back. I joined MFP June 1st and so far I have to say I have finally learned how to do this through a lifestyle change, and not a diet.

Heaviest Weight: 188.8 lbs
    Starting Weight with MFP: 182 lbs
    Current Weight: 169.4 lbs
    Six Week Goal Weight: 155 lbs (or anywhere near there!)
    Final Goal Weight: 150 lbs

(So... just a question. I have entered MFP challenges before but they always fall apart - people quit, forget, etc... I am hoping to find a challenge that will stay intact, we support eachother, and our progress is tracked - is this going to be a good structured challenge?? I just want us all to succeed!!!)
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    This challenge is perfect timing- glad I found it in time :) My name is Jocelyn and I am currently living in England for another 6 weeks while I finish up my masters. Over the course of the year I have lost 50 pounds, at first not doing much just exercising and walking everywhere- the past few months I have been eating right, and exercising.

Heaviest Weight 283
    Current Weight 232
    Six Week Goal Weight 220
    Final Goal Weight about 150 (depends how I feel when I get there)
  • kbirk1963
    kbirk1963 Posts: 42
    Options
    I would love to take this challenge. My name is Kitrina mother of 5 and in 6 weeks we will be going to the lake. my weight has gone up and down over the years. Dont like to exercise much but i'm tired of being over weight.
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Tisha. I am a mom of 2 boys ages 3 and 1. I work full time and have struggled with my weight for years. I started losing weight in Dec at my highest non pregnant weight of 239 (I weighted 241 @ 39 weeks with youngest son). Currently I am 210 hope to be 199 by Labor day. Today I start Couch to 5k.