Need Weight/Cardio Advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
I just don't know how much and when to do weight training and cardio! There is so much out there!

What I would like to do is

2-3 days a week weight train: using machines 15 mins upper body, 15 mins lower body and repeat for a total of 60 min workout

2-3 different days a week cardio: treadmill or elliptical for 45-60 mins

Is this enough, not enough and suggestions or input you have i would love to hear it :)

Replies

• krazykool
    krazykool Posts: 11
    Options
    well timing ur weight training could be a bit..unorthodox lol how about you try 3sets of 15reps. sets meaning you use that same machine 3 whole times.
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I say do what you want and see how it goes. That schedule sound resonable to me. I guess it just depends on what result you want. For overall toning, I think what you have posted would be just fine. You can always increase if it doesn't seem like enough.
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I do actually do the 3 sets on each machine, I just keep going to different machines until I hit the 15 mins...I feel like if I didn't set some kind of time I would just be lazy and leave lol!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    It's kinda hard to set a time for weight training.. esp if you have to share the machines are people are rude and just cut in without asking first..

What I do is before I go I kinda get a game plan that goes like this:
    Dumbbells for squats, lunges and bicep curls
    Medicine ball for Ab work
    Planks(3X 30 Sec Each)
    Tricep Machine
    Leg Press Machine
    Assisted Pull-up Machine
    Chest Machine

Once I run through all that, if I feel like doing more I will.. but generally by the end of that, my legs are jello and I'm ready to stop for the day. It generally takes me about 35-40 minutes to run through that whole process.