Would you just leave this off?

Options
I don't have a HRM (I want one, really I do LOL, I just can't afford it right now) but I started physical therapy today and I don't know how to log it. I mean I did 10 min on an elliptical, so I could add that, and the "weight machines" I did, but the other stuff. Would you just leave it off? (I'm talking other strenght training type stuff...I don't know how to describe it)

Replies

• cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    Get a log from your therapist, i would log it because you are doing it!
  • nlewis22
    nlewis22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Unless you're really breaking a sweat and getting your heart rate up, I would leave it off. There are other ways besides a HRM to know if your HR is up down or the same. Doing the "talk-test" is a good one and RPE is another. If your PT is worth their salt, they should be able to tell you what those mean in more detail.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Stength training isn't so much for burning calories so it doesn't really matter if you log it or not...
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    you could log it as stretching! It may not be a high calorie burn, but it is something.
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Unless you're really breaking a sweat and getting your heart rate up, I would leave it off. There are other ways besides a HRM to know if your HR is up down or the same. Doing the "talk-test" is a good one and RPE is another. If your PT is worth their salt, they should be able to tell you what those mean in more detail.

I would say at least half of what I did was a good burn. I did work up a good sweat. I would not say that the paticular PT was even really a PT LOL, she really didn't seem to know much about what she was doing. I do PT at the naval hospital.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I would log it. I've never had PT and not broke a sweat. It may not seem like much, but if it's changing your flexibility or range of motion, it really is doing something. Not every exercise is to burn calories. For me it's also to increase flexibility and strength. Ive started monitoring mine, just to see how much longer I can go as my endurance increase.