Starting 30 DS...tell me the pain gets better!

I started doing the 30 Day Shred on Saturday. Previous to that, the exercise I was doing was walking and occasionally jogging on the treadmill. So I get being sore. But oh my gosh, my thighs are killing me! My abs are sore, my arms are sore but my thighs are painful! I can hardly sit down! Please tell me that will get better!!!

Replies

• JLervold86
    JLervold86 Posts: 93 Member
    It will get better! AND by the end of level 3 you'll be able to breeze through the level 1 workout and you'll feel amazing!!!!

You got it, just stick with it :o)
  • willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    It gets easier! I just moved into level 2 and I find it easier than 1, so keep going!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    By Day 5 YOU"LL BE AMAZED how much more you can do and how little effort it takes.. Keep it up! :happy:
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    It definitely gets easier!!! I know I was sore at the beginning of each level, but by day 10 i was good :) And I can tell you that I am in the process of doing 30DS for the 2nd time....and it is much better this time than the 1st :) Keep up the great work!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    It gets easier! I just moved into level 2 and I find it easier than 1, so keep going!

I have done this dvd sporadically throughout the last few months, and I find this to be true, also. Although I have never done level 3, and certainly haven't done it daily. I really need to try again!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    there are A LOT of squats in 30DS and thigh pain is to be expected...it does get better--that said, and you being a nurse, it shouldnt HURT.....if it does....rest NSAIDS and heal before you tear yourself up and next time go a little slower, if it is just really really muscle sore ...then Ya it gets better...till you do something like Insanity...then ouch all over again!!!!

take care
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Strength training is always rough. But, you'll learn to LOVE that feeling. Right now, I can hardly walk and I LOVE it because I know I'm getting infinitely stronger!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    It gets better! I pushed through doing my workouts everyday the first three days and after that it was pie. A couple days into each new level you'll be sore but it gets better, promise! I just started level 3 yesterday and I'm feeling it in places I wasn't the last two levels so I'm excited to see some changes!
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Funny, I find level 2 to be easier also. It does get better. You'll be amazed at how big of results you get so quickly. I do suggest taking two days off throughout the week though, to avoid injury until you are better at it. Keep it up! Stay on level 1 as long as you need to.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Yes Jillian kills your thigh muscles :) but it gets easier. Now that Ive completed Shred and Ripped I was going to redo both but lvl 1 of shred seems so easy now Im shocked at how I thought it was sooo hard before LOL. Wait til you more on and build up your endurance :)
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    It gets better. Soon, you'll look forward to the burn!! means it working!
  • mbourke8
    mbourke8 Posts: 27
    The soreness will improve, although if you're that sore it might be up to a week! But yes, it does get better if you stick with it. This is an excellent program to jump-start fitness. It was integral in my process of dropping 30 lbs last year :)
    Keep up the good work, and good luck!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    The first day i did 30DS, my thighs were killing me as well the next 3-4 days! I wond up taking time off of it as we were doing a stair climb benefit and I needed my legs to work! When I went back to it a bout 2 weeks later, starting at day 1 again, I was fine. I ahve been working at it since May. I oly do it 3-4 times a week and am currently at Level 3 Day 4. I also do Zumba and use our elliptical inbetween. It is so worth every ache and pain. I do find that if I watch the dvd level I am going to begin before I actually begin it, I am not sore afterwards. Not sure why. Maybe I am too tense trying to see what to do, do it, and move on. I find sort of having an idea of what to expect keeps me less stressed about the workout. Stick with it and don't feel bad if it takes you more than 30 days to do it! You are doing it and that is what counts!! GOod luck!!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    I am finding level 2 to be a lot more rough than level 1 >.<. It does get better though!! I kept on doing level 1 until it was easy then started level 2! :)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Good for you girlie. .. I have the shred. . . I really need to do it with you. .. With any exercise it will get better as the muscles get stronger. . Just make sure that you are doing plenty of stretching. . .
  • The first 4 days after I started 30DS I literally would tear up every time I sat down to potty bc my thighs hurt so bad. It goes away after a few days tho. I didn't feel that kind of soreness for the rest of it either so just hang in there. It will be over soon! Take a HOT bath. It helped me some. :)
  • gelleebean44
    gelleebean44 Posts: 22 Member
    It absolutely gets better...actually, let me re-phrase that - YOU get better (and stronger) as you do it.

I never worked out before I joined MFP 3 wks ago. I decided to start tracking my food and 30DS all at the same time. Like you, all I ever really did (prior to joining MFP) for physical activity was walking. The 1st few days I cursed Jillian's name - while doing the L1 Shred, while trying to stand up from my couch in pain, while getting 2 charley horses in my calf in the middle of the night...well, you get my point) LOL

I was unsure at the beginning if I could even finish 25 mins of a 30DS workout, let alone all 3 levels. I have lived a pretty sedentary lifestyle & was very unhealthy prior to MFP/30DS. The only regular workout I got was walking b/w 2 buildings during back-to-back meetings and going for walks about 3x/week. I joined at 227 lbs (although my HW was 248 lbs a couple yrs ago) plus I have a bad knee from injuring it twice in 1 yr back in '08. Basically, I thought it would take a miracle for me to get thru 30DS (and not need to call 9-1-1!)

But I made modifications at the begining, did the best I could for the 1st few days and I NEVER stopped. I'd pause for the 5 seconds if I needed, but only if I really needed it. I grunted. I cursed. I told Jillian I hated her sometimes. But I never stopped pushing thru it & doing a little more each day. An amazing thing happened around Day 7 for me- the moves that I couldn't do, or do for long I was actually doing them! I was doing full jumpropes, kick-backs, I could actually do 12 push-ups when Day 1 I could barely do 2! And I've seen great results that I'm very proud of- in 3 wks, I've lost 10 lbs and 7" (Yaay!) Today I'm on L2/D2, I did L1 for 15 days instead of 10 b/c I felt it worked for me. Do what's best for you, but just don't stop-push thru! You'll feel so proud of yourself after a few more days when you see yourself doing the circuits harder, stronger and w/improved form.

Keep it going & Congrats on getting thru the 1st day of L1! :smile: