chicken

Options
I'd like to cook up a bunch of chicken at the beginning of the week so I have it ready for salads for lunch. I love chicken salads with raspberry vinaigrette, and I have recently discovered the joys of cooking with oven bags. A few weeks ago I cooked chicken marinated in italian dressing in the oven bag. It was great, but since it was so moist and juicy I kind of had the sensation like it wasn't done (it was, but I like my chicken a little more dry).

So I was going to marinate in rapsberry viniagrette and cook the same way, but I don't want mushy chicken. Any way around this? Is there some sort of raspberry (or other flavor) rub I could use?

Replies

• kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Any kind of marinade will make it juicy. If you want it dry, I would probably season with a little kosher salt and some lemon pepper or cracked pepper. It may not be as juicy.
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You might try taking it out of the bag for the last 10 minutes, to let the juices release a little before the cooking is done. Dry rubs are everywhere - you could even make your own if you like raspberry flavor (just get dried ones, pound to powder, add to rub).

Your salad sounds good!