how to effectively cut out soda?

Options
13»

Replies

• rkhyland
    rkhyland Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Crystal light is what worked for me! That and having kidney stones, never want to go through that again! Needed to drink more water so that is my happy medium that I can live with!
  • TheYoungRetiree
    TheYoungRetiree Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I guess I really have nothing new to add- I have a case of Diet Dr. Pepper in the garage. Every week I bring five inside to the fridge. That's my weeks supply. Sometimes I'm bold and only do 4. I'm cutting down from a regular coke drinker to diet and less than a can a day.

Cold turkey was rough for me, like so many others, because it was my only source of caffeine. As I'm writing this I have a killer headache because I haven't had any in 48 hours. YOU CAN DO IT!

Depends on you, and your personality, but one diet drink here and there fixes my need, and I don't feel like I'm depriving myself- when I do feel I'm depriving myself I go on binges and drink way too much! Lesson learned.

I switched to water, crystal light, and snapple diet flavored iced tea. I NEVER drank iced tea before, but the flavoring is enough in these replacements... and WATER, WATER, WATER! Keeps my thirst at Bay so I don't dream of soda!

GOOD LUCK!
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    so here are your choices

1) go cold turkey

2)slowly wean yourself off of it week by week until you are soda free

3)cut off your fingers every time you slip up

ok looks like your on your way :) and please forgive scott613 he has a wicked sense of humor:)

seriously:anything worth fighting for will not come easy, so become committed to a healthyer lifestyle and give it up anyway you can.
  • Allistermark
    Options
    I stopped buying sodas, except for seltzer water. Also if I'm at work and I really have the urge for a soda I do Pepsi Maxx or Coke Zero. That's about as close to a solution I've found. The times when I did relapse were not worth the calories. :smile:
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Find a substitute. Something to drink whenever you you crave it.

Water of course is the best option, but something like Crystal Light would work. Whenever you want something fizzy how about mixing half fruit juice with half club soda?? Get the fizz but better for you. Still not something to drink everyday, but every now and then would be okay.

Otherwise, don't buy it is a great option.
  • sillygirljess
    Options
    calorie-free sparkling flavored waters. The benefits of water, with the refreshing fizz of soda. After a while you'll tire of the taste of the artificial sweetener and taper into straight water. At least, that is what has worked for ME in the past :)