any suggestions???

Options
So i have been pretty much sucking at putting my calories in lately... i'm being very causious of what and how much i put into my mouth but with being deployed and not really knowing how they are cooking things and how much of what they put into things i haven't been tracking like i should... soooooo my new challange starting right here and right now is... if i can't input it into MFP then i can't eat it! So this should help me even more on eating the right things... example. for dinner tonight i had about 3 oz of roasted chicken, half a cup of cucumbers, 1/4 cup of sliced mushrooms, and a sprinkling of diced tomatos which i DIPPED into some honey mustard.

i'm also trying to figure out how to spread my meals out through the day. i get up at about 3 in the afternoon and head to the gym about 330 or so and work out for about 40 minutes. i go to work at 6pm and eat dinner about 630, then i eat breakfast about midnight. in between dinner and breakfast i try to have a smaller snack like a granola bar or some cereal and fruit. i try to do the same about 3 or 4 am otherwise i am starving by the time i get off work. my real frustration is having to eat shortly before i go to bed at about 8am... any suggestions?

Replies

• kimmerlyjo
    kimmerlyjo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    So i have been pretty much sucking at putting my calories in lately... i'm being very causious of what and how much i put into my mouth but with being deployed and not really knowing how they are cooking things and how much of what they put into things i haven't been tracking like i should... soooooo my new challange starting right here and right now is... if i can't input it into MFP then i can't eat it! So this should help me even more on eating the right things... example. for dinner tonight i had about 3 oz of roasted chicken, half a cup of cucumbers, 1/4 cup of sliced mushrooms, and a sprinkling of diced tomatos which i DIPPED into some honey mustard.

i'm also trying to figure out how to spread my meals out through the day. i get up at about 3 in the afternoon and head to the gym about 330 or so and work out for about 40 minutes. i go to work at 6pm and eat dinner about 630, then i eat breakfast about midnight. in between dinner and breakfast i try to have a smaller snack like a granola bar or some cereal and fruit. i try to do the same about 3 or 4 am otherwise i am starving by the time i get off work. my real frustration is having to eat shortly before i go to bed at about 8am... any suggestions?
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

Is is possible for you to keep a manual journal?? I know that helped me alot. I used to log in a journal and also on MFP. Now I just log online. I really should still do both. I helps me rememeber how many calories are in what types of food.

Hope this helps
  • Angiebangie
    Angiebangie Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I go for 200-300 calories every 2 hours or so, 5-6 meals a day, that way I'm getting over 1200 calories, never more than 1800, but usually right about 1500. Works for me, and keeps my energy up!

Good luck!:smile::smile: