weight gain

Options
I've been working out everyday and eating my net and exercise calories and today I gained a little. :cry:
Why is that, and how do I fix the problem, I don't wanna gain, I cried when I found out and I want to stay positive about this. someone please offer me some advice

Replies

• crazyboutdasies
    Options
    I've been working out everyday and eating my net and exercise calories and today I gained a little. :cry:
    Why is that, and how do I fix the problem, I don't wanna gain, I cried when I found out and I want to stay positive about this. someone please offer me some advice
  • acox68
    Options
    Tasha, are you eating all of your extra exercise calories? I have seen where people will increase their exercise and not eat all of their exercise calories and actually gain or maintain. Do you think maybe your body has gone into starvation mode? Try eating a little bit more and see what happens.....

Hope this helps.

Andrea
  • crazyboutdasies
    Options
    Tasha, are you eating all of your extra exercise calories? I have seen where people will increase their exercise and not eat all of their exercise calories and actually gain or maintain. Do you think maybe your body has gone into starvation mode? Try eating a little bit more and see what happens.....

Hope this helps.

Andrea

Yes I do eat my exercise calaries, and I don't think I've gone into starvation mode, I usually only have like under 100 calories left each day, and sometimes none at all
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I always blame fluid retention for unexpected gains.

Try upping your water intake or at least get your 8 cups over the next few days.

Should go away in no time! :drinker:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    When you first start out your metabolism has to make adjustments. Assuming you've taken on a calorie deficit your body needs a chance to believe that you're going to keep feeding it and that you're not in fact entering a famine. My two greatest pieces of advice are: don't weigh in too often. At first it's tempting but the fluctuations really can mess with your emotions and can actually CAUSE destructive behaviour because you can get bummed and compensate with food or lack of activity etc. And weight really does fluctuate naturally. One weigh-in is not NEARLY as important as a trend over time. ALSO, this is nothing if not a game of patience. Think stock market. The rule is that regardless of market fluctuations if you leave your investments over a very long stretch (decades!) you remain unaffected in the end. The road you are starting here has many ups and downs and its fair share of challenges but if you learn to truly trust that patience and perseverance are paramount you will ultimately succeed. Make the right choices at least 80% of the time, try to avoid major preventable set-backs and when they happen (which sometimes they will!), learn to move on immediately. Not "tomorrow" but right now. The very next time you have a chance to make a decision, big or small, make it a good one. Don't let the lapses run you.
    You can do this. Just keep following the numbers and it will work for you :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    weight flucuates daily up to 5 lbs, which is why you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday. You have only been here a few days right? You should not have even weighed in yet :laugh: You are only going to drive yourself nuts. Choose a day of the week and a time (usually the morning work best) and weigh in then every week.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    When you first start out your metabolism has to make adjustments. Assuming you've taken on a calorie deficit your body needs a chance to believe that you're going to keep feeding it and that you're not in fact entering a famine. My two greatest pieces of advice are: don't weigh in too often. At first it's tempting but the fluctuations really can mess with your emotions and can actually CAUSE destructive behaviour because you can get bummed and compensate with food or lack of activity etc. And weight really does fluctuate naturally. One weigh-in is not NEARLY as important as a trend over time. ALSO, this is nothing if not a game of patience. Think stock market. The rule is that regardless of market fluctuations if you leave your investments over a very long stretch (decades!) you remain unaffected in the end. The road you are starting here has many ups and downs and its fair share of challenges but if you learn to truly trust that patience and perseverance are paramount you will ultimately succeed. Make the right choices at least 80% of the time, try to avoid major preventable set-backs and when they happen (which sometimes they will!), learn to move on immediately. Not "tomorrow" but right now. The very next time you have a chance to make a decision, big or small, make it a good one. Don't let the lapses run you.
    You can do this. Just keep following the numbers and it will work for you :flowerforyou:

Pedal..that's the best advice I've read on here! Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • phillipe0826
    Options
    You can do this sweet heart I'm here for you. I love you
  • crazyboutdasies
    Options

Thanks so much I'm glad to have this kind o f support. This was really helpful, I'll keep that in mind.
  • crazyboutdasies
    Options
    weight flucuates daily up to 5 lbs, which is why you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday. You have only been here a few days right? You should not have even weighed in yet :laugh: You are only going to drive yourself nuts. Choose a day of the week and a time (usually the morning work best) and weigh in then every week.

Thanks, it is driving me crazy, I'm gonna have to step away from the scale like you said and I'm gonna do it every friday morning when I get up
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    do you weigh yourself everyday??? if you do stop...the scale will do this to you every time. a womans body can go up at least 7 pounds on any given day. it's just the way our bodies react to different things going on around us. stress, extra water, it can be many things to make the body do things. my scale has gone up 5 pounds because i am on penicillian. i went off of it because it caused me stress. got yelled at by the sexy in six group and went back on them until the end. hating the scale once again for awhile. it's just my body reacting to the meds. that's just something i have to get in my head.
    don't sweat over a pound...you are doing great just staying on track to your new life style.
    good luck.
    chipper
  • crazyboutdasies
    Options
    You can do this sweet heart I'm here for you. I love you

Thanks baby I love you too
  • crazyboutdasies
    Options
    Thank your being so helpful to me and I will stay off the scale. :happy: this advice helped me alot too. so thank you so much
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

Thanks, it is driving me crazy, I'm gonna have to step away from the scale like you said and I'm gonna do it every friday morning when I get up

Trust me it's hard not to jump on that scale everyday ( I'm still an offender). For example, I got on the scale this morning and it said I weighed 3 lbs heavier then on my weigh in day, which was Thursday....Ain't NO way I gained 3 lbs in a couple of days....it's just water weight.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Trust me it's hard not to jump on that scale everyday ( I'm still an offender). For example, I got on the scale this morning and it said I weighed 3 lbs heavier then on my weigh in day, which was Thursday....Ain't NO way I gained 3 lbs in a couple of days....it's just water weight.
    [/quote]

DITTO, I weighed this morning, scale lied, reckoned I'd put on 2 pounds :noway:
    Its mere water huni, don't despair we all go through it - and guess what, I step on the scales religiously, aint doing myself no favours! Maybe that should be my next goal - keep off the scales for a week - as I weigh in on here on Tuesday/Wednesday, i'll make sure that is my ONLY day on the scale :ohwell:
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Dont get down..I was like that the other day..and maybe its water weight....thats what mine was..i'm back down to 196 but i'm stuck here for some reason but thats ok it will come off sooner or later..dont get to down..YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    are you staying within your sodium limits? going over in sodium can cause water retention. Also, its its your time of month, you could be retaining water as well. Did you weigh yourself at the same time of day and wear the same clothes? all of those can lead to weight fluctuation.