300lbs+ & Clothing Sizes (Progression Pics 46lbs loss)

Options
eeeekie
eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
Hello people!

So when I started this adventure I was 388 (eek!...never again!) and I'm now 341. Heck, I believe I was more but my scale was broken right after I started MFP.

Anyway, I'm curious of how much weight or inches you lost when you started to drop sizes? I was wearing 26/28 stretch pants so who really knows what size I was. After I had lost I'd say about 30lbs I could fit into a normal pant size 30 and now they are swimming on me. However, if I try on a size 26/28 normal pant (depending on the pant) I can't get them up. I got like 4 pairs of jeans from a friend 26/28 and 1 pair fits me (YAYA BUTTONS/ZIPPERS!) and the others won't go up.

When did you finally fit into a normal pant? Or notice a drop in size?

This is my progression thus far...
untitled-121.jpg

Left side = Stretchy/Elastic Waist Pants
Right side = Real jeans with button/zipper

264066_10150708266235287_677240286_19630660_7570776_n.jpg

Replies

• gates1064
    gates1064 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!!
  • buckmasb
    buckmasb Posts: 1
    Options
    Way to go!! Keep it up :)
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Outstanding job!!!
  • GurleyGurl
    GurleyGurl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I started my weight loss journey Jan 2011 I was 237lbs in a size 16 jeans. I've lost 25lbs to date & I'm now in a size 14. I've lost 1 1/2inches. Good Job Btw :)
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    great job! for me it was aboutt.... 30 pounds when i started dropping sizes i think. i reember ask the same question when i had lost 20 but my clothes still fit basically the same way. everyone is different hough! but i have a feeling your going to see another drop in size very soon :) congrats again!
  • dp1228
    Options
    great job! for me it was aboutt.... 30 pounds when i started dropping sizes i think. i reember ask the same question when i had lost 20 but my clothes still fit basically the same way. everyone is different hough! but i have a feeling your going to see another drop in size very soon :) congrats again!
  • dp1228
    Options
  • tdeprat
    tdeprat Posts: 15
    Options
    Keep it up! :-)
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is one answer to your question. It depends on what shape you are and where you lose your weight from.
    That said - you are doing amazing!!!
    When I started I was 368 (yikes...and never again!) and wore a UK 32. I am now 272 and a 20/22. I have some 20s that fit and have tried on others that there is no way they will do up. Different brands, different fits. Well done!
  • MissMom3
    MissMom3 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep up the good work and you will get there!!
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Great job!
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you - awesome job, keep up the great work!

To answer your question - Don't focus on that too much, right now. Sizes vary so much depending on the manufacturer. And, like you said - you really don't know where you were when you started. I was in the same boat when I started my journey.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    fabulous
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    For every ten pounds you usually drop a size in pants/shorts. I believe every 30-40 pounds you can drop a shirt size but don't quote me as I have not lost my 25 pounds yet..... I just wanted to say congrats on your progress. Keep up the good work.

~A
  • newmommynewfitme
    Options
    Just wanted to say , you look fabulous! Great job and keep up the work. I think it depends on how you carry your weight , I've changed a pant size already . I bet you'll be sizing a size change very soon! WTG!!!
  • nefertirie
    nefertirie Posts: 13
    Options
    i started 368 in a size 30/32 jeans.as of last week now at 329 (up to pounds because i got taken off of one of my pb meds and got some water gain...as of last week i was able to buy and wear a size 26 jeans from k mart and and a size 24 kakies but they are super tight.. but then cant fit walmart or avenue size jeans.. so its weird.. now as for my shirts i was in 30/32 at year start and now i can wear a 22/24 in alot of stuff some are still too tight depending on the fabrics..
  • jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options
    Great progress!

I started at 264 and a size 20W (probably should've been a 22). I'm now at about 230 and a size 18. I've lost 30ish pounds and really just one size.
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am down from a 36 stretch waist to a 30 zipper jeans (need a 28 but gonna wait til these are falling off first.)!!
  • masonmst
    masonmst Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good job! Sounds to me like you are well on your way to getting into those jeans! Keep up the good work!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    When did you finally fit into a normal pant?
    What's a "normal" pant? Like with buttons or womens vs misses?

I hit a smaller size after about 20 lbs. But I didn't track my measurements until after that, so I don't know the total loss. I've lost another 15 lbs and am comfortably down another size. I started at a 20W. Now I'm a 16W or 18 misses.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!