My 30 Day(s Straight) Shred Results!

My results of 30 Days straight, no breaks. I didn’t do any cardio along with it in the beginning because I was too sore. I couldn’t finish level 2 or 3 completely without stopping. By the end of the thirty days, my endurance increased a LOT and I was hardly sore after the first week, I started to do more cardio and a few short exercises in addition to the video, and can also finish level 3- no breaks.(: I also found that by the end, it wasn’t a good enough workout. Yes, it’s pretty tough! But it’s only 20 minutes and I feel like I’m in much better shape now.. I’m thinking about trying to take on Insanity next week! (if anyone wants to do this with me, please do!!) but I'm not positive if I'm ready for it yet... what do you all think? :happy:

(oh, and ignore the water on my undies. hahah its from the washer) :laugh:

Beginning weight and measurements:

hips: 32 inches, waist: 25 inches, left & right bicep: 11 inches, left & right forearm: 9.25 inches, left & right quad/thigh: 22 inches, left calf: 13.73 inches, right calf: 13.75 inches, left & right ankle: 9.25 inches… and according to my scale:

121.8 pounds, 22.2 body fat, 6.6 bone, 56.7 water

After weight and measurements:

hips: 31 inches, waist: 24 inches, left & right bicep: 10.75 inches, left & right forearm: 9 inches, left & right quad/thigh: 21 inches, left calf: 13.5 inches, right calf: 13.5 inches, left & right ankle: 9.13 inches… and according to my scale:

117.8 pounds, 20.2 body fat, 6.6 bone, 58 water

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/happyisthin/1after30.jpg
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/happyisthin/2after30.jpg
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/happyisthin/3after30.jpg
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/happyisthin/4after30.jpg
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/happyisthin/5after30.jpg

Replies

• quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    I think you looked great before too! But you can really see results. Good job!

(Your hips are as big as my waist :noway: )
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    awesome job! also, what exactly is 30 Day Shred? I keep hearing about it but i guess i should just google it and check it out, see if it's right for me
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    awesome job! also, what exactly is 30 Day Shred? I keep hearing about it but i guess i should just google it and check it out, see if it's right for me

It's a 30 day workout/diet plan by Jillian Michaels. It consists of 3 levels of 20 minute circuit work-outs that are pretty tough! A lot of people have gotten really good results from it.
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    I can't see the after pics, but you look pretty good in the before so I'm interested to see the after :smile:
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    i can only see the day 1 pics... the 30 day pic is cut off.. either way you look great.. oh and i also tried the 30 day shred... prior to the 30DS i was doing other workout dvds so when i started the 30DS it seemed way easy for me.. i actually combined level 1 and 2 to make it more of a challenge, that def worked. LOL.. but sadly i didn't stick to it because i was ready for lenghtier workouts, so now i'm doing 60mins of bootcamp!! gaahh. not fun, but worth it
    but either way, i would LOVE to look like your before picture! LOL
  • radiantlyhealthy
    radiantlyhealthy Posts: 125 Member
    Thank you! and yep, it's a great workout DVD. I got mine from Amazon. Also, are the pictures showing up too big and cutting off? That's what it looks like for me..

oh, how do I fix it? I'll just post the regular link.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    WOW! With your numbers, I wasn't expecting much - BUT... You can defniitely see the difference!!! Good job!
  • fairfieldbeach
    fairfieldbeach Posts: 261 Member
    Wow! Great results. I'd suggest you dDo Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 next--it has four levels, and it is harder and a bit longer than the Shred. I have about ten more days to do of it; then I am thinking of doing Supreme 90 (but just like Insanity--not sure if I'm ready for it!)
  • radiantlyhealthy
    WOW! With your numbers, I wasn't expecting much - BUT... You can defniitely see the difference!!! Good job!

Thank you! I *think* I have a smaller frame.. so my numbers might be on the smaller side. But I'm not in great shape because I'm "skinny-fat" and I was definitely pretty weak when I started. So that's what I'm trying to work on; toning up!(:
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    ok i can def see a difference.. you look great!! good job!!
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Wow! Great results. I'd suggest you dDo Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 next--it has four levels, and it is harder and a bit longer than the Shred. I have about ten more days to do of it; then I am thinking of doing Supreme 90 (but just like Insanity--not sure if I'm ready for it!)

Hmm.. I'll think about it! I already own No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, so I could just mix those up. I've also heard of pretty out-of-shape people getting fantastic results from Insanity.. just pushing themselves to the best of their abilities! I can't help thinking that it'd be the best to do.. aahhh, not sure at this point. haha
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Wow, you look great! Can I have your BEFORE body since you're done with it now??? :laugh:
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Wow, you look great! Can I have your BEFORE body since you're done with it now??? :laugh:

hahah, sure.. go ahead! :happy:
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member

1after30.jpg
    2after30.jpg
    3after30.jpg
    4after30.jpg
    5after30.jpg

just gotta do this:
    [ IMG]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff504/happyisthin/1after30.jpg[ /IMG ]

make the IMG lowercase and lose the spaces between the brackets.

Great work!!
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Great results !! What lb weights did you use?
    What did you usually log in for how many calories for the 30DS? I am starting today
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    I hate it when my computer does a double post. :mad:
  • radiantlyhealthy
    Great results !! What lb weights did you use?
    What did you usually log in for how many calories for the 30DS? I am starting today

Thanks! I believe they were 2-3 lbs? Very light. but with the extra easy moves, I'd use those plus these strap weights I have which are about 2 lbs each. and I'd log it as circuit training for 20 minutes.. because I still need to get myself a heart rate monitor! Good luck with the Shred.. I'm sure you'll love it. :smile:
  • you look SOOOOO good! great job!
  • ssstefanieee
    ssstefanieee Posts: 80 Member
    awesome job!!!
  • Garae
    Garae Posts: 116 Member
    Girl you look great! Looks like you are at the perfect weight for your body =]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!