photographs and self-image

Options
I needed a photo for my teacher/school website, but found that I have become so overly sensitive that I haven't been letting anyone take my photo so I couldn't find any photo to use. I'm counting it as a victory, and the start of my reclaiming my health and ego, that I have decided to stop hating the way I look and just let there be photos. I had my husband take a picture for my website (and my facebook page) - and it looks good enough. I have decided to let myself feel and act beautiful and really believe that although I can change the way I look on the outside (and will), the way I look is NOT who I am. :happy:

Replies

• karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Nice NSV! You should put that smiling face on your profile here too, so we can see it. :)
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That's great! I have the same issue, and I'm not quite ready to be confident enough to let people photograph me but that's all I want. And I'll get there
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, never wanting my picture taken. But there are some things to remember...you won't always look the way you do now in pictures. That is why you are here right?

And 2 ( and this is a big one for me) you want to be in pictures, regardless of how you look...because one day your kids and grandkids and great grand kids will want something to remember you by after you are gone. I force myself to have my picture taken because I don't want something to happen to me and my daughter not be able to remember me because there are no pictures of me around.

Focus on the positives of how you look! Do not see jiggly arms...see arms that give good hugs. Do not see heavy thighs, see strong legs that carry you around.
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Feel free to add me for support if you would like.
  • toofatforfifty
    toofatforfifty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So there's my picture! Thanks for the support!
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!! Nice to see your face beautiful lady!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! Don't let a picture convince you otherwise.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Hooray! You look great! :)
  • bookcrazi
    bookcrazi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Exactly how I feel. Thanks for putting in in perspective.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!