newbie in so cal

:happy: Hello to all on the journey! Happy I found this site, it is great! 47 pounds to reach my goal! I feel ready for the challenge. My hubby and I are going on a cruise in 4 months, hoping to lose 15-20 lbs by then. Does anyone know why the site recommends you chose -1lb a week when you set up your profile? I am at 1590 cals a day which seems like a lot for weight loss especially when you add the exercise calories! Although I am sure the calories add up quick! Does the site reset your calories when you lose weight? Any responses appreciated!

Replies

• :happy: Hello to all on the journey! Happy I found this site, it is great! 47 pounds to reach my goal! I feel ready for the challenge. My hubby and I are going on a cruise in 4 months, hoping to lose 15-20 lbs by then. Does anyone know why the site recommends you chose -1lb a week when you set up your profile? I am at 1590 cals a day which seems like a lot for weight loss especially when you add the exercise calories! Although I am sure the calories add up quick! Does the site reset your calories when you lose weight? Any responses appreciated!
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    When I started ( I signed up in April but didn't really start doing the program until late Aug.) I had about the same amount to loose I selected 1.8 lbs a week which gave me 1200 cals. I have been loosing an average of 2 lbs steadly. It lets you reset your cals as you loose weight- I went to reset mine after 10 lbs. and it still gave me 1200 cals- but I imagine it will evently give me less as I continue to loose. Good luck!!!!!!!! This site is awesome!!!!!!