Wedding Dress NSV!!!

Options
MrsSmith1112
MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
Picked up my wedding dress today! I ordered a size smaller than the one I tried on initially, because I knew I planned on continuing to lose weight... It's too big!!! Like WAAAAYYY too big! The wedding is not until April and I'm thinking I ordered my dress too soon! Looks l may need a new dress entirely if I keep it up! I never thought I'd be so excited to pay so much money for something and have it NOT FIT! :drinker:

Replies

• thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Haha, at least it's not fitting in the good way! Stinks that you'll have to reorder, but congratulations on the major achievement! I feel like not many brides have to deal with THIS problem. The boutique might not know what to do! Lol.
  • DGSki
    DGSki Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That is soo great!! Keep it up and so glad you joined MFP!!
  • bostonbound85
    bostonbound85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Keep up the amazing work. Be glad to swipe that credit card for the right reason why it doesn't fit :)
  • changeisgood55
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! Well not about spending more money but for the reason that you have to spend more money. What a nice feeling!! Good for you and keep up the great work!
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    Can they not take it in? Mine had to be taken in too! :) My wedding is in 12 days time!
  • MrsSmith1112
    Options
    The alterations lady said that we could take it in 2 sizes, but it's already at least one size too big, so most likely they will have to order a new dress completely! Such an awesome feeling! I've never ever been told that I was too small for something! I feel like a rock star!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    awww, my sympathies

hahaha, NOT! That's awesome!
  • MrsSmith1112
    Options
    Can they not take it in? Mine had to be taken in too! :) My wedding is in 12 days time!

Congratulations! Stay calm!
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm soooo sorry for you money wise, but that must be the best feeling! So very happy it is going to be way to big! You might want to wait until December to look at dresses! *lol* You must be ecstatic. All that being said you might want to talk to the store and see if maybe they can do a "trade-in" with you of some sort, since they know you obviously haven't worn it...keep up the great work! :smile:
  • Jcdaniels
    Jcdaniels Posts: 22
    Options
    I've been on Google+ too much lately because I was looking frantically for the + button!!

Congrats!
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!! That must have been an *amazing* feeling!!! You better wait and get another dress about a month before your wedding lol Congrats and Keep up the good work!! :bigsmile:
  • sarahkumba
    sarahkumba Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow, thats great! I would so pay the extra money for the smaller size.. be proud of yourself!
  • MrsSmith1112
    Options
    From what I understood at the bridal store, I don't think I will have to pay for a whole new dress...they will just order the same one in the size I need...and even if i do have to pay for it, SCREW THE MONEY...I'M GONNA BE A HOTT BRIDE! (Mr. Smith might not agree about "screwing the money", but hopefully I'll be so gorgeous, he won't care!) :love:
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    fantastic!
    you must be really proud of yourself...
    it's such a great feeling to feel confident as a bride:)
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! Great progress! Congrats on your wedding, too. April will be here before you know it... I was engaged for 2 years before we got married... Seemed like an eternity until the last few months, and they FLEW by. (PS -- You're from Hartselle? Wow. I was born and raised in Cullman.)
  • MrsSmith1112
    Options
    (PS -- You're from Hartselle? Wow. I was born and raised in Cullman.)

We are not from Hartselle. We just moved here less than a year ago...the fiance's job moved us here from the Gadsden area. He works in Falkville. I work in Decatur...we settled in the middle! So far, not so bad...I am just lacking friends around here. Noone to kick me in the butt when I don't feel like working out! So, I joined MFP! Feel free to add me!
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Ahh, gotcha. I am familiar with all of those areas. My husband and I live in Florence now, where we both went to college, but my husband still teaches in Cullman County. Glad to have you as a fellow AL MFP friend :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!