Best healthy zucchini recipies?

Options
1smemae94
1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
I have fresh zucchini and no idea what to do with it. Any ideas?

Replies

• authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    This was my first year growing zuchinni too and I would love to read what people post.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I love zucchini so I usually cut it thick (either just half it lengthwise, or into 1.5 in medalions) season it up and grill it just enough to carmelize the outside. It's also very good with a traditional spaghetti sauce, or in stir fries. You can also eat it raw in a salad.
  • reagansmom05
    Options
    i pretty much add it to EVERYTHING as long as i have some in the fridge. last night i put it in chicken fried rice, tomorrow i'm putting it in ham and bean soup. i seriously dice it up and put it in everything.
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I cut them lengthwise and sprinkle with a little cajun seasoning,drizzle with olive oil and
    throw them in my grilling basket and grill them on the outside grill. Mmmm. Yummy.
  • ashleyjmorgan
    ashleyjmorgan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Zucchini pasta is AMAZING. Just cut it into noodles (any way you'd like, if you don't have a spiralizer, making them into strips works fine), blanch it in salted boiling water for just 1-2 minutes and add your favorite pasta sauce.

Low-calorie, much healthier and tastes really good too!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I cut them down the middle then slice into decent size chunks then steam it (along with some yellow squash, broccoli and carrots) just enough to soften it up slightly.

Then I saute it all in some olive oil with garlic and onion (cracked sea salt and black pepper to taste).....man oh man is it tasty!! If there are left overs, it's even pretty tasty cold. :)

**and if you don't have the other veggies, I'm sure it's fine on it's own.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of roasting any veggie on the planet.

Preheat Oven to 425F. Cut the zucchini into like size 1/2" cubes. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and toss with your hands to get the oil, salt, and pepper well distributed. Roast for 15-20 minutes. Extra points if you turn the chunks over halfway, but I'm usually too lazy to do that myself.

If you have leftovers, puree them into a soup with some chicken broth or water.