Jillian Michael's & Cardio

Options
I am doing the 30DS and I was curious of others who have done this did you also do cardio each day on top of the DVD's? And for those who just did the DVD did you still get good results?

Replies

• yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i am curious as well, looking forward to reading the answers. i have done 3DS a few times and felt like i wanted a bit more on top of it, but not sure if i should.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I carried on with my normal routine and then did the shred in the evenings. Defo saw results in regards to toning.
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30ds at the beginning of my journey, and it kills me enough that I don't do other cardio. I haven't measured yet, because I am waiting until the end, but I DEFINITELY see results! I have found some muscles I didn't have before, lost 9 pounds and my clothes are fitting lots better!
    Hope that helps!
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I do Ripped in 30 on top of my regular strength training and cardio (alternating days). So one day, I'll do Ripped and weights, the next I'll do Ripped and cardio, etc.
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I've done 30DS at the same time as c25k. I also did Ripped in 30 on top of my normal cardio. I currently use a mix of the two DVDs on top of my normal 5 days a week of cardio.
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    I am also doing the 30 day shred on day 5 of level one today :) I somedays feel I need more on top of it so I do a 20 min pilates workout and I find that it also helps with stretching properly afterwards.I've also found it makes my muscles less sore the next day..they are still a lil sore though lol I have my daughter home on school holidays (only 1 week left) and so my cardio routine is out the window and i have have still been seeing results.I cant wait to crank out my cardio routine again ,i think I will see much better results combining the 2 together :) So to conclude you will most likely see the results but they wont be as great as what they would be if you had the cardio into your routine as well ,hope that helps :)
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly in shape (I'm a professional dancer, so I have to work out a lot just for my job), and some days I only do 30DS, some days I do that and cardio, some days I'll do two levels of 30DS and some days I do that and weight training. It depends on what I feel I need to work on and how much time I have.

I think 30DS is basically circuit training and combines HIIT and some weight training. Research on circuit training suggests you could only do that for about 20-30 minutes a day, four days a week, and still lose weight and gain in overall fitness. (This assumes you are really pushing yourself to your maximim potential during the whole video, though.)

Bottom line, I think if you have to pick just one workout (assuming you have the constraints of low-cost and at home) and have limited time, picking 30DS and pushing yourself as much as you can will be a great workout. If you want to add on cardio or weight training on some days to help see increased results more quickly, you can, but it's not necessary.
  • lindsay6694
    lindsay6694 Posts: 182
    Options
    All ive done are jillian michaels videos since oct 2010-check out my pics to see the difference. In my opinion u wont need anything else if ur eating healthy