How much is your weekly shop?

Options
I've just popped the ingredients from a weekly '1500 calorie meal plan' that I found into Tesco online. It came to £85 (about $140?). We quite simply cannot afford that per week (there are only two of us! That, to me, is a family budget!).

So - how much is your weekly shop and what is your general meal plan/structure?

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I generally have to spend roughly $60 a week on replenishing my food.
  • terrie98
    terrie98 Posts: 49
    Options
    My husband and I spend about $60- $70 a week. We don't always run out of everything every time.. but everything is in a cycle.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I spend about $100-125 a week on my family of 5 for EVERYTHING ~ and that includes organic produce. We buy organic cow through a co op and I get free range eggs from my mom for free. The only thing I splurge on is house hold cleaners that are not toxic :)
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    We spend $500-$550 usually per month for our family of four (plus our two dogs).
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    My husband and I spend anywhere from $75-$100 on our grocery shopping. and it goes up to $150 if he needs Protein Shake and Hemorage
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I spend about 20-30 pounds a week (38-48 dollars). Like others not everything runs out, but because its only me I usually only by for about a week and a half so nothing spoils, etc.
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I usually spend about $150 (US) every 2 weeks for my hubby and I. However, that also includes the random household products like TP, laundry detergent, etc.... I just haven't taken the time to break out what I'm spending on food vs. house stuff. Note: we don't eat as much fresh produce as we should.
  • mikihainesy
    Options
    I'm a tight cow and go to the shops everyday and buy stuff that's been reduced, plus it doubles up as exercise
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    For me and my partner, it's anywhere from $80 to $150 a week, depending on what we're out of! And that included everything for the house, too (cleaners, TP, deodorant, etc.)
  • justkate88
    justkate88 Posts: 40
    Options
    So I'm right that that's a family-sized price then! Ahh.. back to the drawing board!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We spend a bit more than some because I'm on a low carb diet. The perimeter of the store is usually more expensive than the center. Our weekly tally is about $125. And it's just me and hubs.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    For my family of 3, we spend about $100-120 most weeks.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I drink protein Shakes and eat egg white omlettes for breakfast, Lunch it's a chicken breast and supper its either Chicken or Fish.
    Not Much Veggies in there. I spend about 20 a week getting fresh eggs and cheese. Sometimes a bit more if i run out of protein shake. But Once a Month I spend about 70 on just meat.
    my Boyfriend eats completely different meals and he buys those things for himself. But I grow Veggies for him to eat.

But When i was on Uweightloss Diet. I was spending over 100 A week on special fruits veggies and things i wouldnt normally buy
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    My family of 4 averages about $500 a month on groceries (and that's in Canada, where groceries cost almost twice as much as in the American border towns).
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    On average I spend 45-60 per week on groceries for my husband and I. I shop sales a lot, buy in season and frozen/canned produce, and clip coupons to help save me additional money.
  • ClareWorsey
    Options
    On average, our shopping costs around £100 a week for my family of five, but like last night i had to pop back to Asda to get more healthy snacks for myself, so sometimes it's more than that, sometimes it's less. That includes toiletries, cleaning products etc.
    But i do find that planning meals for the week before i go shopping usually lowers the cost x
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I spend like $30/week.