Wii?

Options
Hi, i'm curious.. are any of you using the wii to exercise? If so what do you recommend for the best weight loss exercises?

Thanks,
D

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Just Dance and Just Dance 2 is actually a good workout. Especially if you can really do the moves well.
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    active two is really good, because it tracks calorie burn AND heart rate.
    But dancing on the Wii is pretty good too : D
  • ClareWorsey
    Options
    I do Zumba several times a week and my fitness coach, they are both very good :) x
  • Loverj79
    Loverj79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    could someone add those to the list of excrises. cause i dont know how many calories to put that it burned. and yes i have been using the WII sports. the boxing and tennis
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the EA Sports-Extra Work outs. Though I am bigger, I burn an average of 550 calorie in a hour. And it kicks my butt, but I like the challenge.
  • christietorre
    Options
    I do Wii Fit Plus, and I love it!!! The yoga is awesome because I've never done it before, so it's something different. I do break a sweat, let me tell you... It also tracks calories, etc.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that anything that gets you up and moving is a better alternative than sitting on the couch! But, I tried Wii Fit and ... eh. I enjoy it, it's fun, but I don't use it as an actual workout routine. I, myself, get a lot more out of using a variety of workout videos - including beginning P90X, 30-Day Shred, even golden oldies like Reebok Step, and various Exercise TV routines. Sometimes I just want to take it outside and my dogs and I go out for a fast-paced 3 mile walk!
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have a Wii Fit Plus, and really like it. Mostly I use it for Basic Step, which I do while I'm watching cooking shows. :drinker:

I'd really like to get Zumba for the Wii, because I've heard so much good stuff about it.
  • DawnWendalynn1973
    DawnWendalynn1973 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I want to get the Wii for some of these. Its great to hear that some like them so much for working out.
  • Sarahnats
    Sarahnats Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Excersise bike, vigorous pace...my butt, hips and knees are shrinking....right now thats all i do as i have a very physical job and on my feet maybe 8/9 hours a day on average when working and dnt have time for much else...but pedal as fast as you can for aslong as you can, it's worked for me, now i need to think toning the rest of me ;)
  • Sarahnats
    Sarahnats Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sorry didn't read properly...you were asking about the wii lol, oh well iv'e now told you what works for me anyway....goodluck :)
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I had a similar question last week. Here's the thread if you'd like to see people's responses.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/291872-wii-fit-suggestions

I love to play on the wii fit, but I don't feel like it's a great workout. However, it does make me more active than sitting around, so I feel like it's a good supplement to my workouts.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I got Just Dance 2 for Wii, love it , just completed the high intensity just sweat, week of dancing. Thats about 30-40 mins each day, but they have smaller programs too. I cant wait to get the original one and the 3rd coming out in Oct.