does anyone not weigh themselves?

Options
hey guys! I'm 135 pounds and my goal weight is between 120 and 125. I started out at 156 pounds in the middle of last August and am hoping to reach my goal weight by November.

through out this journey, I've been weighing myself a lot. but, I've found that recently, the number on the scale really freaks me out. my weight fluctuates a lot and I find that when I weigh more than before, even if just by a pound, I become really upset. I was just wondering if any of you don't weigh yourself. I've heard of people who don't weigh themselves, but instead just focus on how they feel and how their clothes are fitting. I can't tell if this will relieve me of a lot of stress or if it will hinder my weight loss.

any opinions? thanks!

Replies

• littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    ditto im same as u xx
  • Stumbleine
    Stumbleine Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've actually recently decided to stop weighing myself. My workouts are going to get pretty intense with a lot of added strength exercises, and I don't want to be discouraged by the scale because it wouldn't be taking into account muscle mass gained. I'm just sticking with body measurements, and maybe in a couple months I'll step back on the scale.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself, unless someone literally MAKES me. I do take my measurements, though. My water weight is way too up and down to manage my goals through the scale, and I get SO discouraged if the weight goes up, even if it's water.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    i never weigh myself but i'm also not really focused on losing weight. personally i think taking your measurements is a better way to judge how your body is changing. my weight can fluctuate around 6-7 pounds depending on the time of day, what i ate, etc. so i can understand how that would be frustrating if you're always weighing yourself and trying to get to a certain number.
  • londoneye
    londoneye Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Never have weighed myself. If the changes are significant (in either direction) then you can tell by how you look and feel? Why torture yourself over the natural fluctuations that occur in your weight?

Once I get to where I want to be (which I'll judge by how I feel), I'll weigh myself once just to know what my 'goal weight' is out of curiosity.