Took my before photos......

Options
and I cried.

I have no idea why my boyfriend finds me attractive. I got him to take the photos of me in my new bikini that i am supposed to wear in 1 weeks time on our holiday and when he handed back the camera and went away, i looked at them and cried.

p.s. also want to go buy a swimsuit now :sad:

Replies

• hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    I have been there. It is horrible. Depressing. Frustrating. The good part is that you are here and they are a BEFORE picture. You will be amazed at the change you will make in the next 3 months. Good luck!
  • texaspye
    texaspye Posts: 8
    Options
    I did the same thing. I took mine before for a 90 day health challenge I started. Don't be too hard on yourself, thats why you started this right? To have a healthier lifestyle. P.S.- Your profile pic is very pretty. Good luck to you! And, let me know if I can help.
  • mikihainesy
    Options
    you shouldn't put a downer on yourself by asking the Q about why your bf fancies you. He is obviously with you for more reasons than just your appearance. Be confident and have patience. Keep going until you can look at yourself and only cry with delight. GOOD LUCK
  • alexis_marie123
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. From what I can see, you are a beautiful person. You started this to gain a healthier lifestyle, right? Then you can't be so down on yourself because that's not healthy. Have patience. It will all work out in the end. xoxoxo
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down. I always remind myself "the camera adds 10 lbs". It makes me feel a little better! Also, be proud that you've made a commitment to yourself to get healthier! These are "before" photos after all. Think how great it'll feel to see the "after" photos. :smile:
  • TisMee76
    TisMee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Know that feeling!

But, you've taken the first step! You are here! You didn't just look at the pics and get down about and change nothing!

And now you have all the motivation & support you need to get to that place where you are happy with you!
  • trish858
    trish858 Posts: 9
    Options
    Your boyfriend loves you for who you are! I'm sure you are harder on yourself than you need to be. Your profile pic is a beautiful picture and I bet you don't have to much to worry about. Enjoy your vacation with him and don't be sad!!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing. I thought I was looking cute until I saw the actual pictures, talk about depressing!! That night I found MFP!! Don't let it keep you down.. they are the BEFORE pictures, imagine the AFTERS :p:p
  • LinsdayMV
    LinsdayMV Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone else said, and I would also suggest you go right out and buy yourself a bathing suit that makes you feel beautiful and comfortable for your trip! You deserve to feel good in the clothes you wear WHILE you are losing weight, not just the goal weight! Good luck!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yes remember it's your before picture!!! You are a pretty and will only get prettier!!! :)
  • grandmasusan
    Options
    He loves you for you! We all see our own faults way more than anyone else ever does. My boyfriend thinks I look fantastic in a swimsuit and I am 40 pounds over weight! But all that really should matter is that he loves you and finds you attractive - that is what is important - to him you are beautiful just as you are! Go out and buy yourself a bathing suit that you love and be proud of yourself - you are beautiful!
  • jjtemple03
    jjtemple03 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am sure that your boyfriend loves you because of "you" not what you look like on the outside but what you are as a person. Let the before picture be a motivator to what you want to change. I don't know how much you have to lose but, take one day at a time and celebrate each weight loss. Go by yourself a new cd, shirt anything but food. Good Luck!:happy:
  • jnthwaite
    jnthwaite Posts: 111
    Options
    My before photos have been taken recently. I shouldn't have deleted them off the camera, but they had that awful double chin I just have to lose, and my fat face. I already know about my tuckshop lady arms and duck butt, but I hate that it's got to my face. This is why we're here though. I want to get back to a weight where it doesn't show on my face ;)
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yea I just had my hubby take some before pics & it wasn't pretty. I hate to know what I looked like 6mo ago before exercising at all
  • triciap79
    triciap79 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I tried taking before pictures yesterday. And I couldn't do it. I instantly deleted the one I did take and then went and put the camera away. I know I need to do it, I want to. I'm in it this time for real and once I reach my goal it will be nice to look back and see my progress. Just have so many insecurities still. I'm proud of you for doing it. You got farther than me. :o)