Diet, Exercise and Anxiety

Options
Does anyone here have anxiety issues?

I have been working really hard to overcome a serious anxiety attack that I had last year. After I had this attack I quit smoking and stopped drinking red bulls and caffinated coffee with gobs of sugar. Surprisingly my weight shot up after quitting and then I got sick which became cronic and then I lost a lot of weight. Finally, the weight crept back and I almost hit 200lbs and thought for sure I was going to be diabetic. Thankfully I'm not and only suffer from high cholesterol that the doctor said could be cured with diet and exercise. Although the panic and anxiety has been a battle that I have been fighting almost every day for the past year I have seen an improvement in the last month and a half. I feel like diet and exercise has really helped. I was just wondering if anyone else suffered from this and has been trying to improve their anxiety issues with diet and use exercise as a coping method.

I still struggle with this on occassion however since working out everyday I have noticed a big difference. Mainly, I believe its the stress of my job that tips me over the edge so I walk at least twice on my breaks.

I've just about eliminated my caffeine and reduced my sugar dramatically. I also cut out a lot of white bread, white rice, potatoes and pasta. (boo hoo) and if it can be helped either not eat or reduce the amount of fast food and or processed foods.

Just curious what you guys have to say on this subject.

Replies

• veggiepug
    veggiepug Posts: 82
    Options
    Did you noticed a difference in your anxiety levels after you reduced your caffeine intake? I've been suffering from anxiety for the last 3 or so years. I think one thing I really need to do is cut back on my caffeine consumption.

I wish I had some advice for you, as I have yet to see much of an improvement in my anxiety. I lost 35 lbs from 2009-2010 and even though I was eating great and exercising regularly, I still had trouble with anxiety. It's not quite as bad as it used to be but I still have too many bad days. Hugs! Anxiety SUCKS!

**Listening in**
  • myheartinsf1
    Options
    I sent u an email regarding topic :)