Ruby??

Replies

• Just finished watching it a little bit ago. I hope that she is able to achieve her goals. She seems very determined and has a lot of people helping her. I hope to learn a few things myself watching the show.
  • I think the show is very cool and I really hope she achieves her goals as well!
  • I want to DVR this, but haven't remembered yet.

I think it would be interesting to get a sneak peak into someone else's journey.
  • So... I just watched it and had to share my thoughts.

Awesome that they approach weight loss from so many different perspectives - including psychologically! I think that is such an important piece that gets left out so often.

Ruby is beautiful! She is someone I so want to hang out with!

She said one thing that really hit home with me. She said, "This is do or die for me". I don't have the medical problems she has, but I have that same feeling of urgency. This is my time to do this. Now or maybe never.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    So... I just watched it and had to share my thoughts.

Awesome that they approach weight loss from so many different perspectives - including psychologically! I think that is such an important piece that gets left out so often.

Ruby is beautiful! She is someone I so want to hang out with!

She said one thing that really hit home with me. She said, "This is do or die for me". I don't have the medical problems she has, but I have that same feeling of urgency. This is my time to do this. Now or maybe never.

I appreciate reading all your thoughts on this show, unfortunately it's not a channel I am able to get. SO I'll read the show through what you all share.... perhaps I'll be able to find a place online to watch it at some point? That'd be great...

I also wanted to share Dj when you brought up the psychological aspect of it. Since I've begun changing my lifestyle and the weight has been dropping otf... I noticed I've had to add more appointments with my therapist.:huh:

I'm dealing with brand new issues for me....I'm freaking out that guys are smiling and coming up to me to chat..... :laugh: Ok, I use the word freaking out loosely and often so not in the true sense of the word.

But I think what's really happening is....... I am now looking into people's eyes, hearing them, really listening and they are listening back...I'm no longer avoiding people...but feeling beautiful from the inside out and know I'm worthy of their attention. What a huge mind change and what an awesome new world it's become for me...:smooched:

I find it very flattering and cute when I get extra service at anywhere from a gas station to ...well, pretty much wherever... it's a nice change to now be looking forward instead of down while in a crowd and being the first to smile and shock everyone. LOL I think I tend to say hello to the ones looking down at the ground and they are nearly knocked off their feet in gratitude when they realize they aren't invisible if someone spoke to them. Ah...I used to feel that way....invisible, sometimes even on the boards I do...so I go off and figure one day hopefully soon others on here will take the time to really gte to know me.... PMS'n or not I'm a pretty darn good egg. A friend anyone would love to have...not trying to be snooty but realizing for the first time it's OK to say good things about me as I learn them and believe them.:heart::flowerforyou:

So often while I am on my way somewhere I am so UP that really there isn't a person that I pass that I don't seem to speak to, whether it be the weather, the sun shining so pretty, commenting on the cool color of their car....oh gosh to many things to mention. It then makes my day so much brighter because we receive what we give out.... positive begats positive...:flowerforyou:

It's never forced...just simple things come to me, I say them and the person lights up.... I love being able to pay it forward....there's absolutely no better feeling in the world to me to realize a simple smile I may have changed there outlook on the day.

I find all these new things abit overwhelming at times so thus the extra appts. with my therapist.:laugh: :huh: It helps alot....plus losing more than a person now has certainly brought up lots of topics as well.

I'm trying to see changes along the way so I don't lose all the weight, or continue losing and not appreciate the journey along the way. I don't want to simple Arrive....:noway: :laugh: I want to know that I worked hard and will continue to work hard, stay healthy and move my life forward....not just lose the weight to get to some magic number.

I stuck a goal weight on my ticker because well, I had too. lol But who knows how my body will feel at that point...perhaps it will want to drop more perhaps it will be feeling good at that point.

To me numbers just don't matter like they used to....I feel like I've broken free from that....wow, does it ever feel GOOD!:heart:

Ok,,...the end:drinker: :bigsmile:

Thanks for reading this far.... just tossin my thoughts in......deep thinking tonight...my day today was SO productive and so amazing I can't seem to come down from the clouds!:heart::heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh: :tongue: :yawn: :huh: :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!