Urgh so frustrated

Options
I am so tired of losing and gaining the same pounds over and over, It has been since April of going from 204 to 199. Then the last month staying at 204 finally to 200 back to 204 and last week got to 199.7, Now back to 202 urgh. I wish I could make this end. Yes I have given in to some pms cravings in the last week but this bouncing back and forth is annoying. Yes I have lost a lot of inches, clothes are loose. I would not even mind the scale not moving but I hate it gaining and then losing over and over the same pounds. It is driving me nuts!

Replies

• pauterson
    pauterson Posts: 65
    Options
    Try lifting weights - the added muscle tone will make you feel better about the way you look and will help keep your metabolism up so you can maintain your losses better. :-)
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! However, seeing as how much weight you've already lost, you've probably hit a plateau, so we may not have the exact same issue here. I've even tried upping my calories, loweing them, working out a lot, working out less...I can't figure out what my body needs to keep losing! Even after the scale quit budging, I was noticing other (good) differences...but as of late, I'm not noticing anything! Just try and stay postiive!
  • kathrynkatana
    kathrynkatana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Are you gaining during your period. It normally to swing up to five pounds due to water retention and generally bloating. I get that way a couple days before and a couple days after. It drives me nuts, but it doesn't reflect on my hard work. I hope things look up for you and don't give up! You are doing great!. :flowerforyou:
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you are frustrated and I can't blame you. It looks like you've had an awesome loss up to this point, just try and stay focused and don't give up :flowerforyou:
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I have done the same thing for months! It is very frustrating!! I am going to start cycling my calories. My nutritionist seems to think my body is just happy here. My body knows NOTHING, LOL!!!! Just gotta keep pushing forward!
  • walkeb
    walkeb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I fully understand. I have lost 63 lbs. since 9/4/2010, however, only 2 lbs. over the last 8-week period. Up a lb. then down a half lb. - over and over again. Somehow we need to find that motivation we had when we first started our weight loss efforts. I'm still trying to find it, so if anyone out there can help us, we would appreciate it.
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    I have the same problem. I'm at a lost as to what to do as well!
  • jjtemple03
    jjtemple03 Posts: 11
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Wow, you have come so far. I know when that happens it is so frustrating. I have been there. You can't give up! Have you tried altering your daily routine as far as your exercises? In the past when I had issues similar that's what helped me. Do you have someone close to you as a support that can incourage you? Think on the positvies that you have going. You can do it! God Bless!
  • spinaddict4life
    spinaddict4life Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes I lift weights, changed my workouts, done everything and the same pounds back and forth over and over. i am trying to stay postive though. I am now eating more and cycling calories, going to see how that works. It is frustrating.