Don't forget

Options
For those of you using heart rate monitors, don't forget to update your user settings and recalibrate your HRM as you lose weight. I forgot and the weight was 20 lbs off, have to believe that I wasn't getting an accurate reading...

Replies

• snelfk
    snelfk Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    For those of you using heart rate monitors, don't forget to update your user settings and recalibrate your HRM as you lose weight. I forgot and the weight was 20 lbs off, have to believe that I wasn't getting an accurate reading...
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    Congratulations on your need for HRM adjustments!:happy:
  • bricker06
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder. I dont have a hrm but i think we sometimes forget that as we lose weight we dont burn the same amount of cals when we work out. Thanks again for the reminder.
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Oh thanks for the reminder! I didn't even think about that.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I purposefully set mine for for 20 pounds less than I currently weigh--that way, I don't have to worry about subtracting BMR calories from the total. Since we've never been able to figure out if the HRM's account for BMR calories or not, I thought I'd hedge my bets and just set mine for a lower weight and then don't have to do math each time because I HATE math!