Vegetarians? Menu ideas?

Options
Any other fellow vegetarians out there? (i still eat eggs sometimes and eat/drink milk products)

whats an example of you're daily menu? I'm needing some ideas here. but i don't do tofu, lol!

Replies

• TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    Any other fellow vegetarians out there? (i still eat eggs sometimes and eat/drink milk products)

whats an example of you're daily menu? I'm needing some ideas here. but i don't do tofu, lol!
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    On a non exercise day (i go to the gym 4 days a week) this is an idea of my menu

Breakfast - a breakfast shake, and an instant oatmeal pack - about 390 cals

Lunch - piece of whole wheat bread with 1tbsp peanut butter, and a fruit - about 244 cals

Dinner - bowl of salad with cal wise dressing, 1/2 can of veggie soup - about 155 cals

Snacks - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, an apple and either 100 cal popcorn or a skinny cow - about 282 cals

This leaves me with 129 cals left for the day!

On my actual exercise days i'm not sure what else to throw in there to up my cals more, i'm a really picky eater
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    breakfast I have a bowl toasted muesli - 200cals
    morning tea I have a piece of fruit - 60cals
    lunch I have two slices of fruit bread wth spread - 200cals
    afternoon tea, a muffin, a piece of fruit - 260cals
    dinner depends on what my Mummy makes :laugh:
    then I usually have some nuts and seeds and maybe a hot chocolate
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hummus is tasty :), if you like chickpeas. Also, if this is the case and you like to cook, I find this http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Moroccan-Lentil-Soup/Detail.aspx to be tasty and filling.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hi there !..
    i try to eat all kinds of different stuff. what i find help me most is soups.. they are filling and loaded with veggies. if you buying the cans., watch out for salt. if you make it yourself. try to add some protein in it. like kidney beans/lentils ect..

breaky
    either 2 wholeweat toast with peanut butter n banana
    or same with hard boiled egg banana n butter

lunch
    soups !! maybe crackers and cheese if i have the calories for it

dinner
    burger on wholewheat bread and soy patty w/ homemade fries.
    pasta(wholewheat) tomato sauce, veggies and quorn chicken,
    rice cooked in vegetable broth with roasted veggies(onion,pepper,mushrooms,corn,peas).
    pizza on tortilla.
    sheppers pie with quorn mince.
    stir fries.
    veggie saussages with mash potato and roasted mushroon n onion, gravy (i found a good veggy one)

snack,
    my fav lately is vanilla yogurt (soy ones if you like them) with a cut up pear in it sometimes with granola bits
    other obvious ones like tons of fruits...

there you are !
    may