Is this the best "counting calories" website out there?

Options
Hi, please let me know what you think about this website! Thanks! Are there better ones out there? I have also used Sparkpeople.

Replies

• JeanWalker109
    Options
    I actually like this one better than SparkPeople, but I think it may be b/c I was so familiar with Spark. I like being able to decorate my private page & all, but that's really not a huge perk in the grand scheme of things. I initially started with MFP, b/c I discovered I could scan the bar codes on packages & add it to my calculations. I really dig that.

Really, it's all a matter of what you like. Everyone's different. I hope that you enjoy it and if not, I pray you find something that suits you.

*smiles*

Jean
  • Pudgemuffin1
    Pudgemuffin1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like this site alot I used spark people also found it way too busy I just started this site but I really like it good luck!
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    This is by far the best site. I've tried a few including Sparkpeople.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I think you will find that most people here will say it's the best. :smile: I certainly do! I've lost 19 lbs in 70 days and have made some great friends along the way!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I found this site first and a co-worker told me about SparkPeople. I logged onto SparkPeople but I didn't like the whole "range" when it came to calories. I did that with Weight Watchers 10 years ago... give me solid answers... I am a solid person, not 17 different people that a range would work for... so, other than receiving emails from their site, I don't touch it.
  • bonnivillaman
    Options
    Can you tell me how you use the barcode?
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    YES! All others pale in comparison.
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I've used Sparkpeople. I do like that they have exercise demos and food input where you can remove fast food. I tried to put in a regular cheeseburger I had for supper....not fast food, just home made burger....but the only things that came up was ALL fast foods...maybe I am just new and not sure how to search properly but it was a bit annoying.

I do like this site is simpler and less busy though
  • daddyssunshyne
    Options
    I have only used this site. I specifically was looking for a site with a mobile application for andriod. If I did not have the ability to log in from the gym or the occasional meal out on location, this would not work well for me.

Sarah
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    It's better that fit click! I like all the food options! And the exercise calories idea...it encourages us the work out more!
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Haven't been to any others because I like this one so much!!! It's been a true lifesaver!!!
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I really like this one over sparkpeople, which I used and liked a few years ago. It had some great motivation, but was pretty busy. I've also used WeightWatchers Online, but decided to look for something free and with a better mobile apparently. A coworker recommended MFP, and it fit my needs...a large food database, easy logging, barcode scanning, and FREE!
  • 424a57
    424a57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I tried SparkPeople but the mobile version was such a pain that I didn't use it. The mobile app for this site is much better. I find that the full-web version of this site is also easier to use than SparkPeople.

Plus, all the bells-and-whistles (earning points and articles and what-not) get distracting.