What are your favorite at home workouts?

Options
I have begun the 30DS and I like it so far. I'm tired of going to the gym and just wanted to do something different. Plus I think my body has adapted to my current workout schedule. What are you favorite at home workouts that you enjoy and why? What makes them different from others?

Replies

• danieljallen86
    danieljallen86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    P90x is amazing. It can meet anyone's fitness goals, the trainer is world class, and there is enough variety that it doesn't get boring or allow your body to stagnate.
  • Hoteffinmess
    Hoteffinmess Posts: 121
    Options
    I like Comcast's Exercise TV on Demand. There are so many different things to do on there! I also LOVE doing Zumba on the Wii!
  • sesecat
    sesecat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My Wii. Wii Boxing, and Wii Zumba mainly. But I get pretty energetic with the baseball and tennis. :-)

Since they're games, you don't think about the workout.
  • Wanting2BSkinny
    Options
    Turbo Fire and Zumba dvd's
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    The New Rules of Lifting for Women by Lou Schuler (it's a book) about $10. CLEARLY lays out some awesome strength training work-outs - about 6 months worth. Other good info in book too.

I do this 3-4 days a week and HIIT on the elliptical on my "off" days. :)
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam, ChaLean Extreme, and Turbo Fire...the music is great and makes you want to move it! You don't really feel like you're working out (except CLX, which is mostly muscle building).
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I like playing on the Wii, but usually can't do much because my son will begin to bother me. Im really enjoying the 30DS!
  • JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have a 6lb medicine ball that came with a workout DVD. (bought it at Target) I like it because it has cardio and strength. It's a 35 min workout. I also have a Special K workout that has 4 10 min kickboxing videos.I have yet to go to a gym and lost 44lbs. A friend and I just started going to a Turbo Jam class once a week, but other than that I have enjoyed the comfort of my own home with my workouts.