Looking for pals to give and receive support!

Tomorrow is my 29th birthday - just one year left to be fit and fabulous for my thirties! In the past few months I've somehow made a breakthrough with my eating habits; I've lost around 14 pounds in two and a half months. I still have bad days, but more good than bad and if an indulgent meal here or there keeps me sane I'm not gonna knock it!

A new year, and I'm eager to really dig in and keep up the good work. So here are my "New Year's Resolutions" :)

1. Now that I've got the eating working well, I am hoping to integrate more exercise. Right now it's spotty at best - treadmill here, hiking there, but mostly I sit on my butt WAY too much. I am very much aiming to build muscle over burning calories for the time being, not that I'm knocking cardio or anything, I'm just tired of feeling soft and wimpy - I wanna be more toned!

2. I aim to be more active and supportive on MFP. Once upon a time I was pretty much the Supportiveness Fairy... but I got so caught up cheering others on, I think it was distracting me from my own progress. But now that I've got a good groove going with my own weight loss, want the sense of community back. So I'm going to give it my all trying to get back to being an awesome cheerleader to my pals, and I am hoping to add some new ones as well. Who wants to be my birthday present? :D

Please fire away with friend requests, new pals would do wonders to light a fire under me! :)

P.S. My time on MFP will be a bit sporadic this week, with a two day trip to NH starting tomorrow and two days in ME over the weekend, but I have an iPhone so I'll definitely be on at least once or twice a day, much more than that some days.

Replies

• iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Thanks so much for the requests! Just giving this a wee "bump" to the top before I hit the hay. If you could please reply here if you are sending a friend request, I'd really appreciate it... just so it doesn't get buried QUITE so fast. :)