Spin off on people being unkind...

Options
2»

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I choose to surround myself with men. :smile:

Good for you for choosing the road less traveled. "With friends like these, who needs enemies?" right?
  • beernutz
    beernutz Posts: 136
    Options
    Good lord, that is awful. People's cruelty, arrogance, ignorance, and greed never cease to amaze me.

I kickstarted my current weight loss by being on a team where we were each trying to lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks. Our captain was a woman colleague who was so upbeat and positive you could not help but want to lose weight just to see the look on her face when you told her about your loss. Focus your energy on avoiding those negative jealous idiots and find some people who share your goals. Life is too short.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    This is a reminder of how it is a lifestyle change. In this case you will find yourself new friends with the same goals and lifestyle as you. As you do that, the old people you hang around with will drop off.

Sometimes, as in my case, your new lifestyle will encourage others to join you: I decided I would walk at lunchtime and told my work friends that I would meet her at the coffee shop. She decided to come with me and together with another friend we have walked at lunchtime ever since, both losing weight and getting fitter.

I've since made friends through my new gym and another friend has taken up bike riding with me. Don't worry, you may see now that losing those friends will create a hole in your life, but that hole will be filled with others just you wait and see!

GG