Why Women Should Lift Weights

Options
NikkisNewStart
NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
I'll be posting a more detailed "success story" in a few weeks when I hit my 1 year MFP anniversary on August 7... but here is a side by side comparison of my arms just 3 months apart thanks to lifting weights!

armcomparison.jpg

Replies

• ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I want my arms to look like that when I'm done! Way to go!
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Thanks! I'm working hard and hope to post another side by side comparison soon, bigger and better!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Wow fabulous results. I want mine to look like that too! Huge congrats to you:) How many lbs are you lifting?
  • rc322
    rc322 Posts: 22
    Options
    you look awesome..90lbs good for u!
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Wow! NIce guns you've got there. I used to do weightlifting competitions (strict curl event) and got pretty strong but I never had definition like that. Nice work!!
  • jp09m
    jp09m Posts: 89
    Options
    From a guys point of view, here's the main reason women should lift weights...

If you are losing weight, and the weight u want to lose is fat, if you don't build back any muscle you will be nothing but bones and flab... ew!
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thats looks fabulous!!! I just started working with a trainer myself and after only 3 weeks can already tell a difference. I only hope my results are as good as yours in a few months!!
  • ♥Mjohnson76♥
    Options
    I enjoy liftn weights..some women choose not to because they r afraid of lookn masculan..u dont have to left to get big..u can lift to tone..lighter weight and more reps..keep up the great job!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Lovely! I wanna start hitting the weights more seriously when I finish 12 weeks of Turbo Fire.
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Do you have a license for those guns?? :wink:

Awesome job!! I need to start pumping some serious iron!!
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    Thanks you guys!
  • ijessieb
    ijessieb Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    want even MORE of a reason why women should lift weights?? Because the more lean muscle you have THE MORE CALORIES YOUR BURN WHILE RESTING!!! YEP that's RIGHT!!! Even while you're SLEEPING!!! :)
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! I bet you not only gained more muscle but you also got more lean :wink:
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!!
  • NikkisNewStart
    Options
    want even MORE of a reason why women should lift weights?? Because the more lean muscle you have THE MORE CALORIES YOUR BURN WHILE RESTING!!! YEP that's RIGHT!!! Even while you're SLEEPING!!! :)

lol I know this.... but good info for those who may not know. :drinker:

It just surprised me (I guess b/c I see myself everyday) when I came across the beginning pic and put them together ("after" pic was taken last month)... I was like- wow, I can see a difference...

So my #1 advice is TAKE PIX! lol
  • ToningtheButt
    Options
    yup yup i love lifting!!
  • chattychick
    chattychick Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    how often do you work arms?
  • Molldoll0702
    Molldoll0702 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Awesome results! May I ask how many times per week you are lifting weights? also, what type of program, food and exercise, did you follow to loose your baby weight? your stats are similar to mine.
  • TwinMom12409
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I want awesome arms and yours are a definite inspiration. Great work!
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for your next post about your journey! I'm moving into this phase myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!