StephEx Posts: 69 Member
I started doing sit ups on my exercise ball last week
and now my stomach muscles hurt when i strech them or tense
them up. My question Is..should i continue or stop and wait for
the muscle pain to go away?

Replies

• aprilaugustus
    Options
    When you exercise, you need break days. Clearly you need a break. Instead, do some running, focus on different parts of your body. Give it time to heal, if you continue to push through with the pain & exercise that part that's sore...you won't be doing well & possibly cause a small thing to turn into something worse. Remember, your body needs time to heal itself after hard labor.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Give those sore muscles a little break. Focus on some other muscles for now. That really bad soreness only happens the first time time around. As long as you keep to a routine, your recoveries will be much quicker from now on. It's if you stop again and then restart that you have to worry about soreness.

Generally speaking, give any muscle you've worked out about 48 hours to recover before you hit it again.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Your ab muscles are the only muscle you can work out everyday even when they hurt.
  • ijessieb
    ijessieb Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    yes your muscles need at least a 24 hr repair time "break time" before working them again. When you workout a muscle you are actually tearing the muscle and it repairs itself, then you repeat the workout and it repairs itself, making you stronger and the muscle bigger or more defined. However, your abs are the one muscle you are able to work every day!! My suggestion is DEFINITELY take a break but most importantly ALWAYS REMEMBER TO STRETCH!!! Best stretch after an abs work out is to lay flat on your stomach and push up with your arms leaving your hips and legs on the ground, arching your back :) GOOD LUCK!! KEEP UP THE HARD WORK!!

Remember, Pain is Weakness Leaving The Body ;)