Just Wanna' Be Me!

Options
Okay.. one of my MFP friends just told me the saddest thing and it's something I've read/heard alot in posts from others
....and that is people not getting consistent positive support of the RIGHT kind. People feeling shuttered out of their own lives because no one around them "gets it" - whatever "it" might be.

And it's great to post here and get feedback and validating words in the worse of it - but you know, once doesn't quite cover it, IMHO. So, figured what the hell... see if anyone's interested in a generalized forum for just .. all support types. NSV's, personal (family, relationships, work, etc). Because you know, mood states affect how we take care of ourselves.

Your daughter's hamster died? Talk here. Spouse was a complete insensitive jerk yesterday? Here ya' go. Kids making you pull your hair out at the grocery store? Welcome. All these little details affect us in a very big way. I'm ready for non-drama support.

So, want to be you in the really real sense with someone that's going to be as supportive as possible (doesn't mean you'll always hear what you want to hear though!)? Here ya' go. Right here.

WARNING: No nasty on this forum! Don't make me call the police. ha.

Replies

• vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I got attacked by the food police today and it totally killed my buzz. so much that I couldn't complete my 45 minute zumba routine and crashed at 25. ugh!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I got attacked by the food police today and it totally killed my buzz. so much that I couldn't complete my 45 minute zumba routine and crashed at 25. ugh!

What do you mean? Who is "the food police", first of all and second of all - it sounds like whoever it is hurt you twice. Is there any way to share that with them, if they're on your friends list or even someone at home, to let them know how much they hurt you? Of course, I haven't looked to see if your diary is open - is there cause for concern? Was it someone trying to be helpful and just didn't quite word it right?
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I find that to be a great Idea. It is helpful to just be able to tell your day's troubles and know that there are people at your fingertips that are dealing with the same thing.

I work nightshift from 7pm until 7am. It is a long drawn out night sometimes, others, it goes by so fast you don't even realize its been 12 hours. So today when I got home, I created my diary for the day, of dinner, snack, supper, and snack. My goal was to get out of bed a 2pm. HA! Not even close!! Got up at 630PM. HA! So, now what? Do I eat my 400 cal supper and 200 cal snack and get by my day with 600 cals under my belt and risk gaining wt, or do I go out to dinner, and burn up my entire 1550 cal for the day in one meal?

I went to Fazoli's, they have the best breadsticks known to man, and of course I ate 3 of them. But I did eat a salad. Yay me! So I ate up about 1100 calories in my one meal for the day. I am by no means proud of myself, because I didn't get any exercise in today either.

So, tomorrow hasn't been touched, and I pray I don't gain a pound back, because I have busted my *kitten* to lose what I have.
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome thread idea.
  • happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    Support of the WRONG kind?
    How about this one?

If you're getting married next May you should probably start dieting and working out now. It takes awhile.

No kidding?

I've lost 29 lbs so far. I have 28 lbs to go for my initial goal weight. I spent the weekend doing a happy dance because I finally hit the halfway mark...and then someone tells me that I'm not good enough right now and I better get started. Now I know you can see a difference and I can feel a difference. And I agree that I'm going to keep going towards my goal because I am not content on staying here...but how does someone else feel like its their place to say something like that to me? Talk about making me feel like poop.

I've been carrying that around with me for a bit now, so thanks for giving me a place to vent! Phew! That feels better!
  • abcerc
    abcerc Posts: 58
    Options
    I really like this idea- for me, gaining weight is more than what I'm putting in my mouth. My day-to-day events and emotions are part of it... and it's nice to have a "safe" place to share and get advice. Thank you for always thinking of helpful solutions. You are one of my favorites!!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    My dogs got skunked again.....for the third time in 2 months. Peeee-U!
    I hate those little stickers on fruit. HATE THEM! HAAAATE THEEEEM!!!!
    My hair hurts when it's in a pony tail for too long.
    I have ants in my kitchen.
    I have a b-day coming up and I don't want to get any older.

Flip side......
    I have a gorgeous husband who is very supportive of me.
    I have a good job.
    Hot hunky husband has a good job.
    I have family that loves me. Hey! I'm not doing so bad! If all I have to complain about is the little stickers on fruit, sore pony tails and skunk smell, then life is pretty darn good! I LOVE IT! =) I'm just sayin
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    I find that to be a great Idea. It is helpful to just be able to tell your day's troubles and know that there are people at your fingertips that are dealing with the same thing.

I work nightshift from 7pm until 7am. It is a long drawn out night sometimes, others, it goes by so fast you don't even realize its been 12 hours. So today when I got home, I created my diary for the day, of dinner, snack, supper, and snack. My goal was to get out of bed a 2pm. HA! Not even close!! Got up at 630PM. HA! So, now what? Do I eat my 400 cal supper and 200 cal snack and get by my day with 600 cals under my belt and risk gaining wt, or do I go out to dinner, and burn up my entire 1550 cal for the day in one meal?

I went to Fazoli's, they have the best breadsticks known to man, and of course I ate 3 of them. But I did eat a salad. Yay me! So I ate up about 1100 calories in my one meal for the day. I am by no means proud of myself, because I didn't get any exercise in today either.

So, tomorrow hasn't been touched, and I pray I don't gain a pound back, because I have busted my *kitten* to lose what I have.

Overall, it doesn't sound like this is too bad - sounds like you made both some YOU (happy) choices and some measurable decisions (salad). Drink alot of water though.. I'll bet those bread sticks are LOADED with sodium and if your scale is up tomorrow, that might be the culprit! Easily fixed but it still doesn't help emotionally to see those numbers go teh wrong way; especially if you've been working hard!

Let us know how it turns out! ::hugs::
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    That's an awesome thread idea.

Thanks. :-) I hope it helps in the right kind of way.
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    Support of the WRONG kind?
    How about this one?

If you're getting married next May you should probably start dieting and working out now. It takes awhile.

No kidding?

I've lost 29 lbs so far. I have 28 lbs to go for my initial goal weight. I spent the weekend doing a happy dance because I finally hit the halfway mark...and then someone tells me that I'm not good enough right now and I better get started. Now I know you can see a difference and I can feel a difference. And I agree that I'm going to keep going towards my goal because I am not content on staying here...but how does someone else feel like its their place to say something like that to me? Talk about making me feel like poop.

I've been carrying that around with me for a bit now, so thanks for giving me a place to vent! Phew! That feels better!

OH NO!!
    I guess some people just ... I don't know. Some people just have to be mean and bring people down. There's so many psychological possibilities as to the whys of that....

Are you happy with your accomplishments? I mean, do you feel like you've done well in the time that you've been working on it? If so, then TRY to just say poo poo on that person and keep your head high. I know that sounds kind of pithy and it hurts... comments like that just hit all kinds of raw spots. I wish I knew how to suggest getting those spots protected and armored up.

And you're welcome! :-) Definitely keep everyone posted on your progress and wedding plans! That's so exciting! I have a good friend getting married in 2013 and I'm so happy for her.... I get to help find wedding dresses and cake designs and whatnot. Have fun with it, and with yourself. You're doign so great!
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    I really like this idea- for me, gaining weight is more than what I'm putting in my mouth. My day-to-day events and emotions are part of it... and it's nice to have a "safe" place to share and get advice. Thank you for always thinking of helpful solutions. You are one of my favorites!!

Thanks abcerc. You're one of my faves too... you just have one of those.... very soothing, positive, laid back and supportive vibes about you. Like the best moms in teh world, or a really great nurse or teacher.... I admire that so much!
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    My dogs got skunked again.....for the third time in 2 months. Peeee-U!
    I hate those little stickers on fruit. HATE THEM! HAAAATE THEEEEM!!!!
    My hair hurts when it's in a pony tail for too long.
    I have ants in my kitchen.
    I have a b-day coming up and I don't want to get any older.

Flip side......
    I have a gorgeous husband who is very supportive of me.
    I have a good job.
    Hot hunky husband has a good job.
    I have family that loves me. Hey! I'm not doing so bad! If all I have to complain about is the little stickers on fruit, sore pony tails and skunk smell, then life is pretty darn good! I LOVE IT! =) I'm just sayin

Oooh.. lol.. poor doggies!
    You know, good stuff is important too! Happy sharing is totally welcome! How long have you been married? Oh, try cinnamon for the ants and I just had a bday. I TOTALLY know what you mean. Maybe we can work on a youth potion? **grins**
  • krissistarr
    krissistarr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This time around not a sole outside of my family knows I'm working on loosing weight. I have so much to loose that it will be 30 or more pounds before anyone even notices. If they even notice then I don't plan on saying anything. This is my journey of discovery and no matter what the scale says I already feel different. I want to move and at the gym my body wants to move. I'm already hurting less and I feel stronger. Not to mention I don't feel sick from over eating. What other people think or say to you is really just their opinion. Who says their opinion counts. Keep strong, look for the right motivation, embrace the small changes, and most importantly LOVE YOU! All of you!
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    This time around not a sole outside of my family knows I'm working on loosing weight. I have so much to loose that it will be 30 or more pounds before anyone even notices. If they even notice then I don't plan on saying anything. This is my journey of discovery and no matter what the scale says I already feel different. I want to move and at the gym my body wants to move. I'm already hurting less and I feel stronger. Not to mention I don't feel sick from over eating. What other people think or say to you is really just their opinion. Who says their opinion counts. Keep strong, look for the right motivation, embrace the small changes, and most importantly LOVE YOU! All of you!

Ooh.. you'll have to keep us posted not only on your progress but how the family starts to react when they do notice! Oh, I hope it's all good stuff!! It sounds like you're really in the right place for this - good for you! amazing job!
  • ja4bs
    ja4bs Posts: 30
    Options
    I am exactly where you are. I haven't told anyone either, except my husband. I asked him not to say anything because I don't want to hear all the comments and advice from the "know it alls" in our family. I am just shy of 20 pounds gone. I am able to put on a size smaller jeans. Yet, absolutely no one in my life except hubby has noticed. Eh well, maybe when I get to thirty pounds LOL
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    I am exactly where you are. I haven't told anyone either, except my husband. I asked him not to say anything because I don't want to hear all the comments and advice from the "know it alls" in our family. I am just shy of 20 pounds gone. I am able to put on a size smaller jeans. Yet, absolutely no one in my life except hubby has noticed. Eh well, maybe when I get to thirty pounds LOL

Such great successes! I'm so admiring everyone's tickers.... even if no one "notices", you all know. just amazing.
  • Photoology
    Photoology Posts: 121 Member
    Options

This is exactly where I am!!
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    I'm having pms symptoms - AGAIN - making me hungry and sleepy and I don't want to do my reading. i graduate in a couple of weeks and I just want to be done already. and this book is making me look up all kinds of political labels that make no sense and wtf is the author using such references in dealing with marketing and education? ugh. and he writes like he thinks he's a philosopher. well, maybe he is but it sucks adn I don't want to do it and I'm supposed to be working out right now and instead, I'm laying on my couch contemplating hiding from my assignments via sleep.

ha.

and my legs are sore.
  • muth3rluvx2
    Options
    and my gorgeous koi - yeah, the one right there
    <
    he was murdered.
    I cried.
    all day.
    and today, i'm in a mix of denial and anger.
    the 7 steps.
    I didn't eat much.
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My neck hurts, goddammit.

Today, my family wanted McDonald's, so of course I had to eat that, and I couldn't get all the way through my workout.