2 questions: loss of appetite and weekly vs. daily calories?

Options
Hi everyone!

2 questions for all of you:
1) I'm about a month into MFP, maybe a little more than that. I've lost 6 lbs. so far, and I find that some days I just don't feel like eating. This is VERY strange for me. I love to eat. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this? It would best be described as "nothing sounding good".

2) Does anyone know if there's a way to set MFP to weekly caloric goals rather than daily goals? It makes me sad when I go over my calories one day and am good the rest of the week, so I was just curious if they did something like that on this site.

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    1. Not sure, but I think that's normal. You start to realize that food is just sustenance and NOT pleasure.

2. I don't think there is but I am a big nerd and track in Excel as well as on here, and have it set up to calculate the weekly average. Like yesterday I was way over. I was really strict today. So averaged together I'm where I should be.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
  • Logsv
    Logsv Posts: 36
    Options
    I get the exact same feeling! I call it my feast and famine flux. Some days i can have no appetite whatsoever and others all I want to do is stuff my face with french fries and chocolate. I feel like its just natural biology for our bodies to tell us what it wants and it is definitely a struggle to keep a steady and consistent diet.
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Going over you caloric intake now and then wont hurt you. I have been told it may acctually help if your body gets set in a routine. I recently hit the wall and could not drop under 185. I was told to increase my calories by 200 - 300 per day. It worked I lost 1.5 pounds last week. I'm not saying go over all the time but once in a while wont hurt. Keep your spirit up and look forward to the next day. YOU CAN DO IT !