5'6" Ladies, what is you weight goal?

Options

Replies

• mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I totally forgot to put the picture up but it's in my profile now. At the time, like I said I was 185, and I was 19 and hadn't had any children. I was hippy with nice thighs and a big butt--totally OK with me. At 266, that looks too small and I can't imagine being smaller than that so I'm going to get there and decide. I definitely don't want to be smaller than a 9/10.

You look awesome here. I know it's supposed to be about the health and not just the weight; so I amend to say, "You look so healthy and fit here."
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 (so I'm close!) and my IDEAL goal is 125, but my realism goal is 135. I've never been below 135 and that was my high school weight. I was super happy then (although I wouldn't have admitted it back then!) and I'd love to have that body again. But if I can make it that far and still think I have the energy and drive to do it, I don't see why 125 wouldn't be possible!

Also, I started my "journey" at 212. So I'm on the right track!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    i think it's completely doable if that's the range where you want to be, i hear the last 10 pounds are the hardest to lose, which kind of puts me in a difficult spot because i'm 5'7" and currently 146 and my goal weight is 135, once i reach that goal i might shoot for 130 depending on how i feel..i've been as low as 125 last year but i'd be very content to be within 130-135 area
  • takm0527
    takm0527 Posts: 53
    Options
    I am shooting for 150...I would be HAPPY to be that after spending the last 10 years around 200 after having two kids. I would LOVE to be 140-145...so when I get to 150 (like many others say) I will look at the number again.

Right now I feel that if I am 150 and in good shape I wil feel great!
  • lissarv68
    lissarv68 Posts: 61
    Options
    What is your goal and how you came up with your number and any thoughts on mine?

Thanks
    ~Chika

Hi,

I've wondered this myself. I was 120 through high school and 130 through college. At both those weights I looked too skinny and even got the comments asking if I had an eating disorder. I felt healthiest and looked my best when I was around 145 so that is my goal.

The BMI is flawed, it doesn't take into account body frame or muscle mass. I would use it as a guideline but factor in other variables. I found a site once that took into account all these different things (BMI, hip-to-waist ratio, body frame, etc) and it had my ideal weight at 148. A little more than my target but very close to where I think I look my best. By the way, I have a thin/small frame but I put on muscle easily.

I think the best answer (for your question) is to figure out what weight you feel your healthiest at and go with that (as long as it is withing that healthy weight range).
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    I am 5"6 & 39yrs old. I have a small frame so I am shooting for 125 I am @ 131 right now & can't seem to budge the scales. I am changing up my routine this week so I hope it helps me!
  • comcatee
    comcatee Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Before college (about 7 years ago) I weighed about 120. Then throughout college and afterwards I fluctuated anywhere from 130 to 140 lbs. When I started grad school I started eating more healthy and exercising more so right now I'm about 130. I would be delighted to be able to be 120 again but honestly my weight isn't my primary goal here. I want to look more athletic and toned, so at whatever weight that happens at is fine for me!
  • bcolburn289
    Options
    My goal is 150 for now, but ultimately I'd like to be between 135 and 140. :) I just think I look best at that size, and feel the most confident.
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Right now I weigh 148 and my goal is 130. In my opinion when I weigh right around 125-130 I look and feel my best. I have weighed as little as115 and as high as 178 so know when I feel and look my best. :)
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I guess for now i will stick with 150, but don't want to go below 130, i think at that weight, i would look sickly. I guess we really shouldn't worry about the scale, but it is so hard. But i will try and do better.
    My main goal is to be a size 4/6 and whatever that weight is, is where i would be happy at. The way my body is (medium frame), it might be in the 140's and then i am going to start some serious hard core Strength training.

Thanks everyone
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    Oh wait, i won't be happy till i look right in a bikini. I haven't worn one since 1999. LOL
  • vivianleemit
    vivianleemit Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm aiming for the bottom end -- 115 pounds for me. I have really small/light bones. Currently 130 but my fat is sitting in all the wrong places :( I'm an extreme pear shape (tops are extra-smalls, no thanks to my nonexistent chest, but pants are 4/6). It's tough to find dresses that fit properly AND don't make me look like my thighs absorbed a tub of butter.
  • sunshinemonkey
    Options
    Oh wait, i won't be happy till i look right in a bikini. I haven't worn one since 1999. LOL

LOL this is one of my no scales goals......as long as the celulite has gone i'll be ok.

I'm 5'6/5'7 and my primary goal was to get to 140....i got to 148 last year and felt i needed a little more. I am medium build. I think I recently changed my goal to 130 after reading some success stories. but like everyone has already said it really does depend on how you feel when you get there.
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My main goal is looking toned and feel good whatever that number is.
    Having said that 140s sound good, 130s sounds better (and quite unrealistic!)
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've wondered this myself. I was 120 through high school and 130 through college. At both those weights I looked too skinny and even got the comments asking if I had an eating disorder. I felt healthiest and looked my best when I was around 145 so that is my goal.

The BMI is flawed, it doesn't take into account body frame or muscle mass. I would use it as a guideline but factor in other variables. I found a site once that took into account all these different things (BMI, hip-to-waist ratio, body frame, etc) and it had my ideal weight at 148. A little more than my target but very close to where I think I look my best. By the way, I have a thin/small frame but I put on muscle easily.

I think the best answer (for your question) is to figure out what weight you feel your healthiest at and go with that (as long as it is withing that healthy weight range).
    [/quote]

do you remember that site? I'd be interested to calculate my ideal number.
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Right now I just wanna be under 200 lol. My "goal" is 150 because that's considered healthy, but I'll probably reassess at that point and if I'm still unhappy I'll go from there.
  • Chika_2015
    Options
    Hi,

do you remember that site? I'd be interested to calculate my ideal number.
    [/quote]

I actually have an app on my phone that does it for me. But if you google BMI calculator it will give you a range.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    155, but once I hit that I'm going to decide if I should go to 145 or not...we'll see how well I tone
  • KristinaFink14
    Options
    I am 5 7.. So I am only an inch taller.. and I am shooting for about 125. It really all depends on your frame and what youre comfortable with. I usually sit at about 130 before I gain my weight.. and Im happy with what I look like at 130. I dont like to look sick either. I like to look tight and lean but not skin and bones!
  • msblueyes5
    msblueyes5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and weigh 122-123lbs...I find that I look the best at this weight for my body type. When I weight 130 I'm not comfortable in my skin..But i wouldn't want to go under 120lbs because then I feel like my legs look too skinny! lol Isn't weight fun!! < Sarcasm!