I'm a big reader. Water For Elephants question and book sugg

Options
13»

Replies

• casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    Water for Elephants definitely made it to my top 5 favorite books of all time. It's such an amazing book, and I'm iffy about watching the movie. I'm not a big fan of huge changes they usually do in the movies and have been known to turn off quite a few movies that have been made from books that I've read after the first 10-20 minutes because I get so aggravated lol. I also definitely agree on the Hunger Games trilogy which is also in my top 5, the Mortal Instruments series is really good fantasy and both The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns, both are extremely heart wrenching books. If you have no problem with a bit of homosexuality, Christopher Rice's novels are really good fictional drama, A Density of Souls and Snow Garden are my favorite but they're all good. A good mystery series is Charlaine Harris's Harper Connelly series. Some good historical fiction is Hand of Isis by Jo Graham and any Phillippa Gregory books...sorry for the long response lol but I'm a huge book nerd. If you have any specific genre preferences let me know and I can recommend a ton lol.
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    anything by Jodi Picoult- my favorite was Nineteen Minutes. They're fast reads with great storylines!
  • garrettnicole92
    Options
    Anything by Barbara Kingsolver is absolutely wonderful, she's a genius.
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    The Black Dagger Brotherhood is a good series...It has a lot of graphic sexy parts. So don't read them if you're not into that :smile: