*pulls out hair*

Options
ok, so I joined about 3 weeks ago at first I thought I was doing well.. I lost 3 lbs in about 2 weeks... now I just feel blah.. I ate a brownie this morning just because it was there.. I ate chicken fajita on friday... i had a sprite... AHHHHHHHHHH... I haven't done my cardio in 3 days... I just really am starting to feel unmotivated and mainly because I have no friends that are dealing with losing weight and I feel like it doesn't really matter and they don't want to hear it when I talk to them about it.
I need some motivation I really want to do this I want to love my body again...
I work as a makeup artist and I work weird crazy hours so its hard to not just grab the fast food before or after work... I tried just eatting lean cuisine but that got old ... I need HELP!!!
I bought biggest loser cardio max but I'm getting bored with doing the same things 5 days a week. *sigh*

Replies

• caseym22
    Options
    ok, so I joined about 3 weeks ago at first I thought I was doing well.. I lost 3 lbs in about 2 weeks... now I just feel blah.. I ate a brownie this morning just because it was there.. I ate chicken fajita on friday... i had a sprite... AHHHHHHHHHH... I haven't done my cardio in 3 days... I just really am starting to feel unmotivated and mainly because I have no friends that are dealing with losing weight and I feel like it doesn't really matter and they don't want to hear it when I talk to them about it.
    I need some motivation I really want to do this I want to love my body again...
    I work as a makeup artist and I work weird crazy hours so its hard to not just grab the fast food before or after work... I tried just eatting lean cuisine but that got old ... I need HELP!!!
    I bought biggest loser cardio max but I'm getting bored with doing the same things 5 days a week. *sigh*
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    We're here for ya girl! :flowerforyou: Sounds like maybe you need to let your friends know how important this is to you and that you need their support. Maybe they'll workout with you. I mean maybe they're not trying to lose weight but everyone should exercise. :wink: But anywho...just don't get discouraged....jump back on the horse and get on it again. We're here to support you. :flowerforyou: Maybe if you start going to the gym you can meet some new buddies there. That's a good place for finding supportive friends. But hey I'm here in SC by myself, no friends, and my fiance can eat like a cow and not gain an ounce. So, yeah it's tough sometimes. But do it for you....maybe make a list of reasons you want this and hang them on a mirror you get ready at every day. Start a journal (not just the food journal but an actual journal...and write down your feelings) You can do this and once it's done you'll feel so wonderful, accomplished, and proud of yourself. And then you can look at your friends and raz.gif:laugh: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • giggles724
    giggles724 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where you're coming from. Trust me we ALL have been there at one point or another....geez......I still do!- Just know that the healthy eating habits will just take time. You can't change everything overnight!!- Make small changes/mini goals. Start your week with saying this week. I'm not having a single regular soda and if there is a diet soda that you do like limit yourself to maybe one a day if you're use to drinking one daily.

Also, as far as the fast food thing and lean cuisine getting old. I can't stand them anymore! I got burned out of those really quick and can't even stand the smell them!- It's all about planning ahead.
    Some of us have the luxury of running home for lunch but on the days I can't. I bought me a lunch bag where I pack myself a sandwhich.......light string cheese......grapes.......apples.....baby carrots...There are so many healthy snack options that can get you through the day without having to sabotage your efforts with fast food.
    It's not easy but with small changes and it can be done! And don't beat yourself over it either. Just acknowledge that you didn't do well and make the goal of not repeating it the next day.

For exercise, try to take a walk instead and toning your arms with weights on the days you just feel like "blah".
    I have my blah days too and on those days that I don't feel like running, I get the dog and take him for a walk. Then when I'm watching TV I get my 5lb weights and start toning the arms.

These are all suggestions that I've tried and have worked for me so far. Once you see changes in your appearance the motivation will just keep building up!

Good luck and hope this helps! :happy:

91914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Keep going girl!! You have came to the right place for a support group. The people on here are wonderful and very supportive! I agree with joining a gym or finding a workout partner. I have done so much better with losing my weight since I starting working out with the same person on a regular basis.
    Another thing is, looking back to my week 4 on the website! It was the worst week I've had in calorie intake. I think my body was not liking me eating less calories and told me I was hungry all week! As soon as the week was over and I had pushed through it, week 5 was soooooo much easier! My body realized I was in charge!! :bigsmile:
    DON"T GIVE UP!! - we are here for you!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Try setting some mini goals and sticking to them so that you can be proud of some "wins".

For this week commit to eating a healthy breakfast every day and to drinking all of your water. Also, commit to working out for 30 minutes twice this week and to logging every bite that you eat and drink. The purpose of this week is to journal what you eat and to gain some understanding in what drives you to make some choices. Don't even try to diet or cut calories, just make those few changes.

Next week, stick to your goals for last week and also commit to making healthy choices when you have to do fast food. It's hard, but it can be done. Most fast food places offer salads and low-fat dressings. Or you can order a kid's meal. Arby's has some nice healthy roasted chicken or soup and salad choices, Subway has some decent offerings and Wendy's chili is under 200 calories. Continue to do your two 30 minutes workouts and then possibly add a third. For this week you want to cut your calories by about 100 a day less than you ate last week. This can easily be done by substituting diet sprite for regular sprite or making some other really small changes like using low-fat cheeses instead of regular.

The following week, add in another goal, cut your calories a little bit more, and continue adding on every week until you are doing all of this without really thinking about it. Eventually you will get to the point where you are keeping your calories within the MFP guidelines and exercising at least every other day for 30 to 60 minutes. Treat this as a lifestyle change, not as a diet. It takes at least a month for something new to become a habit.

Oh, and Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice and those other meals are ok for every now and then but they can get a little boring. Adding a small salad can help. You might try some soups with a small salad for variety. Whenever possible, make your own lunch and snacks and take them with you. The best investment I ever made was in some disposable ziplock containers and an insulated lunch bag.

If you can afford it, join a gym that has long hours and is open whenever you can work out. Take some classes. I've met a lot of people in those classes and similar to MFP, we encourage each other to keep going. If you can't afford a gym, go to Ebay or Half.com and look for some used exercise DVD's. Get a variety so that you can mix it up and not rely on just one work-out. That should help eliminate some of the boredom with Biggest Loser. Maybe look for a dance or salsa DVD or something like Kickboxing.

In the meantime, eliminate the phrase "I can't" from your vocabulary. You can literally program yourself to be successful by saying "I can", "I am" and "I do" rather that "I might" or "I'll try". Simply see yourself as successful. There are going to be days when you go off plan. That's ok. Don't beat yourself up but don't allow it to become an excuse to continue to indulge in poor choices.

Let us know how you're going and good luck!
  • caseym22
    Options
    you put things in a totally different perspective... I think I just got super overwhelmed ha