I'm new and need motivation and staying power!

Options
Hi Everyone,
I have actually been on this site for quite awhile, but as usual give up at some point and put the weight back on. I have about 15 pounds to lose and got down close to my goal weight a few months ago, then put it back on. I rember the week it went downhill. It was my daughters birthday and we had cupcakes and cake over the course of a few days and punished myself by eating lots of it and it just spiraled from there. So, here I am again. I need to get this extra weight off so I can feel good about my body again and I need to learn to stick to the old adage . . . "everything in moderation"!

Replies

• youngmum
    youngmum Posts: 114
    Options
    Good luck! Sometimes it's best to think of each day as a new day and even if you go over one day for whatever reason you can just forget about it once the day has ended, and start from 0 the next day. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like :wink:
  • driventotheend
    Options
    Hi! I'm on day 6 of tracking (though, I've used other sites to lose weight before, like Livestrong) and I know what you mean about getting off track from something as simple as a birthday. I have done the same thing, where I go over by just a little bit and then think, "I blew it, what's the point?" and then get away from it for weeks or months. I'm really committing to it this time, and I think it helps that I have the MFP app on my phone so I can track from anywhere. One thing I am trying to do is track no matter what, even if I have a day where I go way over, just track anyway to keep myself accountable. Feel free to friend me!
  • BelindaSlagle
    Options
    I have those one days of over eating but start fresh the next day. We have to stick together... we can do it! Good luck!! Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes. YET!! :)