Just Happy!!!

Options
mstcass
mstcass Posts: 63 Member
:blushing: I am so glad to be using MFP! I am just really excited about the benefits that I am receiving that are not related to the scale.

1.) I feel better physically The pain from my sciatica has been greatly reduced. I haven't been in any major pain for over a month. When I first started walking I thought I was might have to have surgery!
2.) Although, the scale hasn't changed several people have mentioned to me that I look like I am losing weight. My clothes feel better!
3.) when I walk listen to my iPod. I have bad habit of singing the songs out loud. I just knew the people at the track where I walk would run screaming, if nothing else be extremely annoyed. You see I have a singer's heart but not a singer's voice. I just can't help myself. When I walk I sing. It keeps me moving and motivated! Well, now there is a guy who jogs and as he passes me he always gives me the thumbs up and tells me keep it up. It was so encouraging!!!

I may not lose one pound ( although I plan on posting before and after pics when I reach my goal), but I plan on continuing what I've started here just because of NSVs feel so good!

Good to all of you!

Replies

• Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude!
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    WTG! Keep singing :) I sing on my walk too :laugh:
  • sbrown44
    sbrown44 Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi,

I came here to lose weight because of sciatica issues as well. That and a bone density showed early signs of osteoporosis. (not sure that is spelled right). Your post is an inspiration!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Keep singing girl :smile:
  • POETC1
    POETC1 Posts: 7
    Options
    If yall heard her sing you wouldn't encourage it! j/k Cass! Keep up the great work!
  • mstcass
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! Even you, PoetC1!!!

Sbrown44, I will keep you in my prayers. The pain is horrendous!!! I see you joined in July? If that's so let me offer a few tips on relieving the pain. Stretching!! Before and and after you walk/exercise. This summer when I started walking I wanted to quit everyday for at least week because of the pain. But, I would stop in the middle of my walk and stretch some more until it felt better. I would then come home and take an ibuprofen to help with the pain. Now I don't have to take them.

If you are not having any pain forgive my assumption, but maybe the info will help someone else. Good night all! :happy: :yawn:
  • mstcass
    Options
    And guys, poetC1 is my good friend who has heard me sing on many occasions! She loves me anyway!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!