For those who love Subway

Options
For those who love subway, I have added to the food database the nutritional information for a 6inch wheat bread that has had the filling removed. I work at subway and was able to weigh the bread both before and after removing the filling- then did the math and took off for the removed bread. If you want this done, all you have to do is ask the sandwich artist- say something along the lines of 'remove some of the middle, scoop out some of the bread, remove the filling' and they should know what you mean. Its a great way to get your subway fix without going overboard on carbs, sodium or anything else that would prevent you from getting the great subway goodness. Hope you enjoy :laugh:

Replies

• Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Cheers :D I love my Subway and extra tips to make it even healthier are welcome
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Thanks for the tip =)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    wow I never thought of doing that. Great idea, Thanks!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Totally love this. .. so awesome. . Thank you~
  • catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    Options
    wow.
    `1. thanks for letting us know
    2. THANK YOU for adding it to the data base! u are awsum :)
  • ludugirl
    ludugirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow! Excellent idea! Thanks for the tip! Now if I can just figure out how to determine how much light mayo they're using when I tell them "go easy on the mayo..."
  • kristinathenina
    Options
    by the way its called 'Subway's - Wheat Bread- Hollowed Out'
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

YOU are *awesome*! I always double-meat-double-cheese so that my protein to carb ratio is higher.....now I can reduce the carbs as well.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    sandwich artist :laugh:
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    sandwich artist :laugh:

That's what I thought! That's even worse than Starbucks calling their coffee makers bariste! :laugh:
  • PrincessSparkle5253
    Options
    I love Subway! Thanks for the tip darlin'. :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i had marmite and banana on toast for breakfast

*is a toast artist*
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    Nice, thanks for the ad! I feel bad to be a pain in the butt, but i guess it's worth asking for it.
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wow! Excellent idea! Thanks for the tip! Now if I can just figure out how to determine how much light mayo they're using when I tell them "go easy on the mayo..."

Ask for the packet :)
  • ashleymariec89
    Options
    Nice, thanks for the ad! I feel bad to be a pain in the butt, but i guess it's worth asking for it.

Hahaha this makes me laugh. My subway people I swear roll their eyes when I come in, dreading to make my sub. I'm super picky lol.
  • ashleymariec89
    Options

Would you be able to do it for the Italian bread PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Sandwich artist? Are you for real?
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    double-meat-double-cheese so that my protein to carb ratio is higher

Oh what a good idea, double up on stuff to make it healthier, wish Id thought of that before, its obviously where Ive been going wrong all these years....
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I was looking at the calorie count on the subway nutrition guide one day and saw that the Italian White has less calories than the Wheat bread . . .
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options

I always say 'no dressing' and put my own on