hello, in need of MFP friends and motivation.

Options
so i have been doing great with losing weight the last year, i've lost 257 (57 since joining MFP) pounds so far. i never have introduced myself, the only person i have had on my friends list is my sister lol. we've been losing weight using MFP for the last few months. the last month i have been really struggling with depression and motivation. i dug myself deep into a hole with my weight before deciding to lose it all, so i'm struggling to get out. i have lost my way on this weight loss path. when my sister added friends on MFP it helped her out with the motivation so i'm gonna try it now. feel free to add me if you want or leave a reply and i'll add you. like i said before this last month i have been slacking off really bad and not logging anything or weighing in.

as for the depression i just feel even if i lose the weight i'm still going to be a prisoner in my own body carrying around all that extra skin since i'm so big. it just kinda turning me away from continuing my weight loss journey and give up on it. i can feel the difference in my weight loss but i just can't see it and it sucks.

maybe some words of wisdom will help out, i don't know, but hopefully it will be enough to push me moving forward and find the motivation i need.

Replies

• keylinn
    keylinn Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey... u can do it... trust in your self.. i know that if u put a little more effort u will acomplish thisss and be sucessful
    is better to try that to do nothing and not try, try to change fro the better of u or someone but most important because u want to feel good inside dont give up on you or on us that we have the same path as you do :)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request. . . Hey man you can do it!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request too! Good luck man
  • Warwick5
    Warwick5 Posts: 4
    Options
    You have to be wise to offer words of wisdom, so afraid I can't help you there! But, let me just say, I've only lost 15 lbs so far, and I'm already feeling much better. I can only imagine how it must feel to lose 257. You truely are an inspiration. It would be ashamed to see all your hard work go to waste. Just remember that you are doing this for you, and it will eventually lead to a happier healthier you. Stick to your guns man, It will be worth it. Oh, and there are options for loose skin, anything can be dealt with. Don't let that detour you.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Im in
  • devilblkdress
    Options
    I've lost a lot of weight and the skin part sucks. I won't lie it's really hard to deal with some days when I look in the mirror but overall it is completely worth it to be healthy. I weigh half of what I weighed 7 years ago (and I have put some weight back on that I am currently try to get back off). I also struggle with depression though so I understand how self sabotaging that can be when it comes to everything in life especially the weight-loss journey. You must feel amazingly better after such an incredible amount of weight loss all ready so just try and stay focused on that. It will only get better and better. Plus we will all be here for you when you need something!
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    This is a great way to lose. The ability to easily track calories, & the realistic calorie limits it gives, keep it from feeling like a restrictive diet. Makes it easy to stick with it that way. You're doing great! Keep up the good work!
  • lilbigginz
    lilbigginz Posts: 36
    Options
    thanks guys and girls for the invites