Body Fat/Hydration Scale suggestions

Right now I am looking at the Taylor body fat scale ($30), the Escali ($43), and the Whynter BH -2100 ($40).
What do you guys all own? Do you think they are accurate? What brand would you suggest?

Replies

• seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    dont think it matters a lot if you use the same scale
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    I use the salter mi body scales they are great
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    I got the $35 one from wal-mart. It can save #'s for up to 4 people. I love it!!!!
  • Rklane
    Rklane Posts: 42 Member
    I have the Taylor body fat/hydration scale. I'm comfortable with the weight on it, but not the body fat %. It was probably 3-4% different than the hand held machine at the gym told me.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    I have the Taylor body fat/hydration scale. I'm comfortable with the weight on it, but not the body fat %. It was probably 3-4% different than the hand held machine at the gym told me.

Was it higher or lower than the gym?
    My current scale has gone wonky...it will give you a different weight 5 times in a row...
    I guess even if the body fat % isn't 100% spot on, as long as I can use it as a point of reference and watch the number drop, it will be ok.
  • scarletfever2005
    scarletfever2005 Posts: 141 Member
    I got one at wal-mart. The scale part seems pretty good but the body-fat% and hydration % fluctuates big time within just a few minutes. I can get on and get one reading and then step off, reset it, get back on and get a reading that is 5-6% different right away. If it was consistently off then I could still use it. As it is that part is useless. I'm going to return it and just get a regular digital scale and a pair of calipers.
  • Rklane
    Rklane Posts: 42 Member
    The Taylor home scale is higher than the gym. Tonight was 5% higher than the gym two weeks ago.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    The Taylor home scale is higher than the gym. Tonight was 5% higher than the gym two weeks ago.
    Do you find that the measurement is consistent with itself? Or if you weighed your self three times in a row it would give different measurements? I guess it is a moot point, though...since I ordered one. I got the weight watchers version from Target and it should be arriving today...
    It should be interesting! according to the BMI I am at 30.5%, and the BAI 27%....let's see what the scale says!
    Either way we did need a new scale :)