IBS Food Ideas???

Options
Leish81
Leish81 Posts: 13 Member
I have IBS with C. I am usually great with my diet, eating things I should and such, but this last week definitely did me in. And now I am feeling the pain. =( I am gluten-free, mainly dairy-free and allergic to preservatives and almonds. Don't you wish you could be me?? LOL LOL

I NEED FOOD IDEAS!!!

When I eat how I should: lean proteins, veggies and fruits I have a hard time eating enough calories. But lately I have been feeling a bit deprived so my diet flew out the window for a week and a half.

I'm getting bored with what I eat which is leading to overeating and the horrible consequences of IBS. Not to mention 8 lbs in 1 wk (water, bloating, gas and some fat gain) Does anyone have any suggestions???

Replies

• sallywag
    sallywag Posts: 26
    Options
    Celery soup is good for water retention.
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    UNfortunately, IBS tends be different for everyone... My mom sister and I all have totally different triggers... I would suggest finding what foods do not trigger you then searching for recipes involving them. I do know that brocolli TENDS to give people gas so if that's an issue for you, I would try to avoid it...
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I have IBS too.. so I feel your pain. I'm not gluten-free though. Dairy can and does make me suffer along with bread and potato can make me feel a bit sick. To get your calories up you can eat dry fruit and nut (obviously excluding almonds). But i'm just not entirely sure what to suggest as I know the gluten-free diet is BEYOND evil for trying to find foods that you can have.
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Stay away from Splenda and other chemical based foods. The doc and I were contemplating IBS when I realized I was having side effects from eating Splenda. I cut it out and felt much much better. Try eating small meals instead of large ones spread out through the day too.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at some of the paleo/primal diet websites and recipes? It's all grain free and mostly dairy free, (really almost none). A lot of things have coconut milk and use coconut oil as the fat. There recipes using nuts but you just sub out the almonds. I've just been on it a week and I'm finding lots of tasty options, only with me I don't eat beef, (which of course is a staple!) there are still lots to choose from. I've read lots of comments of several websites and primal/paleo seems to have helped lots of peeps with IBS. Hope this helps!