Water?

Options
does it make a difference in your weightloss if you drink your water at different temps? (hot, warm or cold?)

i prefer to drink my water warm or hot, but would that be affecting my weight loss at all?

Replies

• TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    does it make a difference in your weightloss if you drink your water at different temps? (hot, warm or cold?)

i prefer to drink my water warm or hot, but would that be affecting my weight loss at all?
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    that depends on who you ask, just the fact that you take in water is good for you. Some say you burn more calories if you drink ice cold water and your body has to warm it up, others say it doesn't matter. I prefer luke warm, and I will drink that more than I will drink cold, so luke warm in my mind works better for me, cause I will drink what I am supposed to and it isn't such a chore. Some people swear that warm or hot water if way better (as long as it is boiled first, not just tap water) so I guess we pick which works for us.
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I dont think so but Im not 100%sure about that? Good question... I use to only drink freezing water and now I drink it more room temperture. It seems to go down faster and easier warmer!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    There is nothing in the medical literature to suggest that drinking water at one temperature is better than another.

Actually, the rcommendation for eight glasses a day is completely arbitrary- there is no evidence to support this recommendation despite it's widespread popularity.

J. Coleman, MD