How Do You Categorise Decorating in Exercise?

Options
Hey All!
I have the next few days off work to do some serious painting in the house, How would you all go about logging this as exercise?
Light cleaning / strenuous scrubbing maybe? Theres a lot of stretching, bending and movement going on there!!
Any recommendations gratefully received.
Hope you're all having a good day!

Replies

• dascud
    dascud Posts: 9
    Options
    Probably one of those calorie counting pedometers (is that what they are called?) strapped on will be the most accurate - then manually enter the scores :)
  • Vixster71
    Vixster71 Posts: 15
    Options
    Funny that! I've ordered one of those today (as you know)!
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    You can add a category if one not on there. I did for doing beauty treatments like massages etc As this is in addition to my 'Sendentry' lifestyle.

I always wear a HRM (strappy thing and watch) if I want to count it as exercise, so I can accurately record the cals I burn and time.
  • rae125
    rae125 Posts: 25
    Options
    I've been painting recently and I use the "cleaning" choices. If I was moving furniture then it's "heavy" but trim work is "light."

It's all an estimate anyways. :)
  • RDTaylor13
    RDTaylor13 Posts: 160
    Options
    I'd either count it as cleaning light to moderate effort. or moving household items, moving furnature. not sure cleaning vigourous, would apply. unless your rolling on the paint highspeed, and getting you heart really pumping. and breathing heavy..

your best bet would be to use a HRM, or a pedometer that estimates your calories burned. and make your exercise for the database.
  • Vixster71
    Vixster71 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions :)