Muscle building products

Options
Does anyone use these pre workout drinks etc? I used one yesterday it was a protein shot before going to do my workout and I have been given some aminomax too to take pre or post workout. I am only just really getting my head around how my body reacts to my exercise and diet but MFP has helped me realise that my body is like a machine and to keep it working properly I need to feed it the correct stuff. I don't want to be using products to compliment my workouts if they really don't do anything.

Replies

• aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you're just starting to workout all you need is a bit of protein after you finish. No need to complicate things with the metric f**kton of bs that's on the market.
  • hyperkate
    hyperkate Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    So really I should of taken the protein shot after my workout? It was a hard workout. Thanks for the reply :-)
  • aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Well, conventional wisdom states have it after. But lots of people will tell you before.

The jury's out on this one.

Whichever works better for you :) The only place people seem to agree is have some protein haha.
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what your fitness goals are. As your goals are more than likely not the same as mine, nor are our bodies the same nor our workout programs may not be the same either.

For me, I take a pre (C4 extreme) and post (MuscleTech Cell Tech creatine and protein shake). The best thing I take out of those 3 is the protein post workout.

The creatine and protein really help with recovery post workout. I've experimented and worked out hard and took nothing for recover, only protein for recovery and suppliments w/protein for recovery. The results I've found is my body is much less sore 1-2 days after a serious workout when I take the suppliments and protein.

I would encourage a protein shake within 30 minutes after your workout. Again, really depends on your body and its' needs. Much like aj mentioned, "whichever works better for you".

Just sharing my experience...cheers to your healthy lifestyle!