Substitute for Nuts

I'm looking for a healthy snack that isn't in the nut form as I'm allergic!

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Tostito's whole grain bite size chips and a package of 100 calorie wholly guacamole. I'm totally addicted to that stuff and it's so healthy!
  • Richard170
    Richard170 Posts: 37
    I love nuts, and like Porsche, there is no substitute. I eat them for snacks up at the office all the time. I will measure out 1 oz. servings of walnuts or almonds and put them in individual snack baggies which I take to the office. When my morning snack is not nuts, it is most often an avocado. I have a large cheep spoon made of thin metal that I keep in my desk and it works great at scooping out the insides of an avocado. I try to eat at least two each weak and it tastes great with tuna. Another alternatives that I enjoy are green olives and an oz. of good cheese. I love a bit of Jarlsberg or perhaps a smoked Gouda, a few olives, and a glass of Cabernet in the evening. I enjoy the dramatic contrast in flavors and I can easily modify how much I am consuming in order to finish off my calories for the day.
  • khgraves
    khgraves Posts: 54 Member
    Edamame beans are a great snack (unless you're allergic to soy, too) They are high in protein.