Which Beach Body Workout would you choose to start 1st?

Options
Ok, Everyone, I need your opinions....I'm seriously thinking about getting one, maybe two of the beachbody workout dvds, here's the ones I have seen and liked what I seen:

Hip Hop Abs
10 Min. Trainer
Turbo Jam
Slim in 6
Turbo Fire
Insanity
P90X
Body Gopel.

Which 1 or 2 would you start off with?

Replies

• littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire!!! Hands down!
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    TURBO JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    I've heard great things about Turbo Fire!
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    TurboJam DEFINITELY! The music pumps you up even when you're down. :)

It's time to party! (Come on and move your body)
    It's time to party! (Let me see you shake your body)
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you like to do.. I love Hip Hop Abs and Turbo Jam.. but I am thinking about adding Turbo Fire after I complete ChaLean Extreme..
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Question- Why are they not listed under cardio exercise on MFP? Im doing Insanity tonight, and cant enter it ?? I can "add" it, but not sure of calories burned etc.

HELP! :) THANKS
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Turbo Jam for almost a month. I have lost 3" of my waist, 3" of my belly and 2" of my hips so I have to say Turbo Jam. I don't know the other ones. I'm sure they are good though :)
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I started with Turbo Jam and Slim in 6 (in this order). I really liked them and got good results. I also felt that they prepared me well to move on. The Turbo Fire moves are much easier to master as they are similar to Turbo Jam. And I felt I built lower body strength with Slim in 6 due to the lunges etc.

Hope that helps...
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    TurboJam DEFINITELY! The music pumps you up even when you're down. :)

It's time to party! (Come on and move your body)
    It's time to party! (Let me see you shake your body)

haha love it!

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! lol
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I personally have like the Power 90 series (comes before P90x). I think it is a good choice for beginners. It is what I have been using and am almost done with it. Next I'm going to do the Power 90 Master Series (between Power 90 and P90x)

Also, if you want, my sister is Beachbody coach and is training to be a personal trainer. This is her website:
    http://www.beachbodycoach.com/steffie26

Just click where it says "Contact me" and you can email her asking which one she reccommends.

TTFN,
    R
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Question- Why are they not listed under cardio exercise on MFP? Im doing Insanity tonight, and cant enter it ?? I can "add" it, but not sure of calories burned etc.

HELP! :) THANKS

When you find out let me know, but I think people have been adding them, because I have seen some of my friends' profile says, "burned 200 calories doing TurboFire" (example) and I think they have used a heart moniter that tells them calories burned and they just add it.....not 100% sure though....
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    I personally have like the Power 90 series (comes before P90x). I think it is a good choice for beginners. It is what I have been sing and am almost done with it. Next I'm going to do the Power 90 Master Series (between Power 90 and P90x)

ditto this.
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I personally have like the Power 90 series (comes before P90x). I think it is a good choice for beginners. It is what I have been using and am almost done with it. Next I'm going to do the Power 90 Master Series (between Power 90 and P90x)

TTFN,
    R

Thanks, I already have a few people that are beachbody coaches, but when I order I will probably order from the first person who got me interested them, but thank you for your help :smile:
  • mmtiernan
    mmtiernan Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You really can't go wrong with anything that Chalene Johnson puts out : Turbo Jam, ChaLEAN Extreme, TurboFire. But it really all depends on what you like to do!

Hip Hop Abs is more 'dance-y" and I hear that Body Gospel is too, although I've never done that one. My daughter used to do Hip Hop Abs when she was around 12 for fun and exercise but now at 16 thinks it's boring. :laugh:

TurboJam and TurboFire are more kickboxing done to really, really rocking music.

ChaLEAN Extreme and P90X are both strength training oriented, having you lift weights three times per week and cardio, plyometrics, stretching/yoga on the alternate days. You can also use resistance bands if you don't have weights.

I can't spead to SlimIn6 - never done it, but I understand that its a watered down version of strength training and cardio.

Hope this synopsis helps - I've done TurboJam (Love it!), ChaLEAN Extreme (4 times - LOVE it!), P90X (very good, but I like ChaLEAN better), some TurboFire (sampler - loved it!), Insanity (sports drills - tough, but excellent) and Hip Hop Abs (since we had it in the house - not my thing).

My daughter now does ChaLEAN Extreme, TurboJam and Insanity with me!

Good luck, what ever you decide!!
  • dreamangel18105
    dreamangel18105 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that some workouts are best suited to be done after you master another. For instance P90X is easier after you conquer Power 90 (not impossible without, just a little easier.) Same thing with Turbo Fire. You CAN start there, but if you want to build up a great "base" and get the moves down, Turbo Jam is a great place to start. I started with Turbo Jam in 2006 and lost 40 lbs. I've been doing Turbo Jam, Turbo Kick classes and all kinds of other fitness programs, and I still find Turbo Fire challenging! (Good challenging, but still hard!) I love all programs that have come from Beachbody, and whatever you choose will work for you if you stick with it and don't give up!

And of course, I know there are TONS of coaches (like me!) on this board, so we're here to help!
  • fourmenandalady
    Options
    I love Sin6 because even though I didn't lose a lot of weight with it I dropped a couple of dress sizes! It will literally shrink your frame!! In my opinion who cares if I lose 10 pounds and I'm shaped like an apple! I would just be a smaller apple. Sin6 is for people who need their body to be "reconstructed"! Happy hunting! Beachbody is a wonderful company!!

Lawanda
  • jennyj09
    jennyj09 Posts: 80
    Options
    I've used the Brazil Butt Lift and it kicked my butt each time I did it!!! :)
    I've also tried Turbo Jam and think that works quite well!!!