Not loosing anything

Options
I have been working out religiously for over 2 weeks now. I know that weight lose is a process but i thought i would have seen some kind of decline in the scale or in my measurements or something. I have been doing the beachbody P90 (not P90x) and I have noticed a difference in my strength and endurance. but nothing else. I use a heart rate monitor to get as close to my calories burned as possible. I even became so desperate that i started working out two times a day. MFP says I should eat around 1450 calories a day to loose 1.5 lbs weekly. I drink alot of water, i always drink 2 cups at once so that my body doesn't feel like it doesn't wanna drink. I think I eat pretty healthy, still tweeking and trying to figure out what works best for me. I've tried working out on a empty stomach but that just made me famished. So I eat something very small before i workout. I have this thought set in my mind to "eat clean." That get kind of hard when your always on the move and not much time for cooking.

I really just don't know what to do. My clothes don't even fit the same anymore. They're tighter. This really sucks and I'm starting to get discouraged. Can you all please help, tell me something. I want to continue my journey but from the looks of things, I'm just like, what's the point?

Replies

• KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The first thing people typically suggest here is to open your food diary so it can be seen. That usually offers clues as to what might be going on.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat

Good luck on your journey
  • Betty925
    Betty925 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't we all want that :"instant" cure? I wish....ha ha. I am having the same problem but I refuse to give up! I am going to do this thing if it is the last thing I do. someone a few years back gave me some great wisdom. An aerobics instrutor told me that when we first start to exericse our muscles will swell making our clothes feel tighter but that if we keep at it, this will gradually go away. I have found that to be true! So keep going. YOU CAN DO IT! Don't ever give up!

It's so hard isn't it but we are SO WORTH IT!

Hang in there,
    Betty
  • daphanysmom
    Options
    Watch your sodium intake. It tends to make you retain water.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Well.... It has only been 2 weeks... and opening your food diary would help.

Remember its a marathon not a sprint. I have been at the same weight for 3 months.. chew on that for a minute!
  • PhatChic1186
    PhatChic1186 Posts: 173
    Options
    The first thing people typically suggest here is to open your food diary so it can be seen. That usually offers clues as to what might be going on.

I agree, If your food diary is closed, we can't help you figure out whats going on..
  • hellhammer
    hellhammer Posts: 45
    Options
    First of all if you had been doing P90x for 2 weeks you have built muscles everywhere on your body, so basically you lost weight im sure and replaced it by muscle wait another coupl weeks youll see the fat go down, packing muscle mean more fat burning :)
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm just like, what's the point?

that's tough and crappy to hear, and honeslty hard to belive, but i guess we are all wired differenlty.

are you cheating at all? I mean even a little? I know that my body is SUPER quick to react to bad habits. i weighed 216.6 sunday afternoon, went and had a big dinner, i was at exaclty 220 on monday. woke up this a.m. at 219.
  • Ashley395
    Ashley395 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back all your calories that you burn off? That could be a reason too, try for a week to not eat back what calories you burn off and see if that helps! Don't get discouraged, I have been on MFP for a little over a month and am just now starting to really loose weight!! I know you can do it just stick to it and the weight will start to fall off!
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    MFP says 1450 ? well even though you are doing an intense workout program, most likely your not getting enough food to fuel your body. my question is if MFP says 1450 what are you actually eating ? so for the sake of argument lets say your eating 1400, but then if your burning say close to 500 that leaves you with only 900 cals for the day, which would put you into starvation mode. also what does the program say you need to eat ? the nutritional guide for P90X for example suggests 2400 cal a day.
  • melw1211
    melw1211 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Like others said, look at your food diary. You may have to replace your meat proteins with more plant based proteins (beans and rice not necessarily soy products). You may also be taking in too many carbs. Switch some out with an extra apple or broccoli. I have been experiencing the same problem and found some vegetarian dishes to eat once a day instead of my meat and bread choices.
  • fitby2012
    fitby2012 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This journey is all about trial and error. What works at one time may not work for you now. Hang in there and take the advice.

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Drea89
    Drea89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    How do I open my food diary? When working out I burn 700 to 800 calories. I try to eat back about half the calories burned. My diet isn't completely clean but I try to keep it as clean as possible. I'm not doing P90x just P90 So my calorie intake downturn have to be that big.
  • lajojo
    lajojo Posts: 5
    Options
    I have been dieting and strength training for a little over three weeks now. I became VERY emotional when I stood on the scale about week 2 because I wasnt expecting alot but at least something and I saw a ONE POUND INCREASE! I went to the gym and met with a staff member. They had taken my measurements when I signed up so they decided to remeasure me. I lost INCHES not lbs. Because you are strength training you wont see it on the scale nearly as fast as you will in you over all size. My suggestion is buy a soft measure line, google how to take PROPER body measurements, and track it ONCE every 3-4 weeks. You will see results, I promise. All science tells us if we work out and eat right you WILL lose weight. Hang in there. Most people give up in the fist 30 days, don't be a statisic :)
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    If your diary is accurate, you aren't eating enough. Eat more. You need to net 1200-1400 calories AFTER exercise.